The NHL season kicked off this week and we are going to make sure you have all the help you need for your Fantasy Hockey teams. We will be putting out a weekly article giving you some streaming options from teams that have good matchups, and two game weekend slates. In addition to that, we will be posting teams with the four or five games in the next week. I know its only week one, but it’s never to early to get those wins in!
In the Weekend Streamers we will be using 35-40% ownership from Yahoo as the cut off for our streaming options.
The Hurricanes have two games against two top teams. Both teams have top tier goalies and a good defensive crew. In addition to the players listed below, keep an eye on Warren Foegele (0%), Lucas Wallmark (0%) and Martin Necas (1%).
- Saturday 10/5 – @ Washington Capitals
- Sunday 10/6 – vs Tampa Bay Lightning
- Points – Erik Haula (11%), Ryan Dzingle(16%)
- Hits – Jordan Martinook (1%), Jordan Staal (11%)
- Blocks – Jaccob Slavin (11%), Joel Edmundson (1%)
The Stars have the easier weekend match up compared to the other teams in this article, but the downfall of the Stars could be their lack of depth when looking at fantasy hockey options. Streaming options are tough to find in a top heavy team like Dallas.
- Saturday 10/5 – @ St. Louis Blues
- Sunday 10/6 – @ Detroit Red Wings
- Points – Radek Faksa (1%)
- Hits – Roman Polak (1%), Blake Comeau (0%)
- Blocks – Jamie Oleksiak (0%)
Detroit Red Wings
After Detroit’s top two players, Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha, the ownership percentages drop. But you can still find some valuable streaming options in Detroit. Some other players that you should keep an eye on: Taro Hirose (2%), Filip Hronek (27%), Dennis Cholowski(2%)
- Saturday 10/5 – @ Nashville Predators
- Sunday 10/6 – vs Dallas Stars
- Points – Tyler Bertuzzi (38%), Andreas Athanasiou (37%)
- Hits – Adam Erne (1%), Justin Abdlekader (0%)
- Blocks – Danny DeKeyser (0%), Patrik Nemeth (0%)
Tampa Bay Lightning
Tampa has more then a few options that fall under the parameters for streaming options. I’m surprised to see some of the ownership percentages on these players. Keep an eye on Anthony Cirelli (8%) and Mathieu Joseph (1%).
- Saturday 10/5 – @ Florida Panthers
- Sunday 10/6 – @ Carolina Hurricanes
- Points – Yanni Gourde (31%), Tyler Johnson (26%)
- Hits – Ondrej Palat (14%), Erik Cernak (18%)
- Blocks – Kevin Shattenkirk (18%)
Other streaming options
- Pavel Buchnevich, NYR (17%) @ Ottawa 10/5
- Mikael Backlund, Calgary (23%) vs Vancouver 10/5
- David Krejci, Boston (27%) @ Arizona 10/5
- Zach Parise, Minnesota (33%) @ Colorado 10/5
- Milan Lucic, Calgary (9%) vs Vancouver 10/5
- Lawson Crouse, Arizona (42%) vs Boston 10/5
- Nick Foligno, Colombus (7%) @ Pittsburgh 10/5
- Matt Martin, NYI (1%) vs Winnipeg 10/6
- Andy Greene, NJ (2%) @ Buffalo 10/5
- Niklas Hjalmarsson, Arizona (0%) vs Boston 10/5
- Jared Spurgeon, Minnesota (33%) @ Colorado 10/5
- Scott Mayfield, NYI (1%) vs Winnipeg 10/6
4 Game Teams Next Week
Looking ahead to week two of the season, there are five teams that have a four game schedule. Keep these teams in you mind when looking at streaming options if your league has a maximum number of acquisitions per week.
- Tuesday 10/8 – vs L.A. Kings
- Thursday 10/10 – @ Dallas Stars
- Saturday 10/12 – @ Vegas Golden Knights
- Sunday 10/13 – @ San Jose Sharks
- Tuesday 10/8 – @ Calgary Flames
- Wednesday 10/9 – @ Vancouver Canucks
- Saturday 10/12 – vs Nashville Predators
- Sunday 10/13 – vs Vegas Golden Knights
- Tuesday 10/8 – vs Winnipeg Jets
- Thursday 10/10 – vs Anaheim Ducks
- Saturday 10/12 – @ Minnesota Wild
- Sunday 10/13 – @ Winnipeg Jets
Vegas Golden Knights
- Tuesday 10/8 – vs Boston Bruins
- Thursday 10/10 – @ Arizona Coyotes
- Saturday 10/12 – vs Calgary Flames
- Sunday 10/13 – @ L.A. Kings
- Tuesday 10/8 – @ Pittsburgh Penguins
- Thursday 10/10 – vs Minnesota Wild
- Saturday 10/12 – @ Chicago Blackhawks
- Sunday 10/13 – vs Pittsburgh Penguins
I hope you find this article helpful!
Head over to the Overtime Heroics Forums to discuss this article and many others!