The Anaheim Ducks have had a great start to the season, with their first two games being at home and both of them being wins. They have now embarked on a four game road trip. Starting with…
- 10/08 – Detroit Red Wings – Final Score: Ducks 3 Red Wings 1
- 10/10 – Pittsburgh Penguins
- 10/11 – Columbus Blue Jackets
- 10/14 – Boston Bruins
Anaheim Ducks Vs Detroit Red Wings
It wouldn’t be fair to not talk about this game, since the 3rd period was an incredible one! Other writers have used the words dramatic to describe this game and they are most likely right! I will keep you in suspense no longer, but let’s skip the first two periods and go right to the bodacious ending!
- Rickard Rakell got his first goal of the season off a rebound from Hampus Lindholm.
- Nick Ritchie got his first goal of the season by cruising down the ice unopposed to find a loose puck and send it right by the Red Wing goalie.
- 47 seconds later, Jakob Silfverberg scored with his trademark snap shot high blocker to end the game.
I guess we can say that the Hockey Gods were definitely on the Ducks side for that period! Take a 👀!
My Thoughts :
These next three games are going to be tough. The Pittsburgh Penguins have only won 1 out of their last three games. So I think that they will be more than ready to fight to get that W. I think that the same will come from the Stanley Cup Champions, this season they currently have a record of 1 – 2. However, the Boston Bruins may give them a run for their money currently being 3 and 0. A lot could change between the Ducks playing the Penguins and then playing the Bruins.
As Bill Belichick (Head Coach for the New England Patriots) would say, “We’ll continue to work hard to do a better job in every area going forward. I don’t know where those little things will come from but we’ll continue to be diligent on them.”
Stay tune next week for more about the Ducks! Will they still remain unbeaten or will someone clip their streak?!
Discuss this article and more in the Overtime Heroics Forums!