Welcome back my friends to another walk through of the Anaheim Ducks games from October 11 to October 18th. As it stand right now on 10/19/2019 the Anaheim Ducks are 6-2-0.
I see you shiver with anticipation: Come up to the Lab to see how the Anaheim Ducks became 6-2-0!
In spirit of the Halloween I thought I’d give you a little bit of Frank to start this article.
- Jakob Silfverberg SHG 12:59 in the period 1-0 Ducks
- Cam Fowler 14:56 giving the Ducks a 2-0 lead leaving CBJ fans going “What the ____!”
- Then at 16:16 Pierre-Luc Dubois scored cutting the Ducks lead in half.
That would be then end of goals for that game, final score being 2-1. Anaheim would leave the Nationwide Arena with a record of 4-1-0.
Next up….Boston! 10/14
Despite the Ducks attempt to get pucks past Boston Bruins’ goal tender, Jaroslav Halak. They did get two. One in second period by Rickard Rakell and one in third by Adam Henrique. But sadly it wasn’t enough, David Pastrnak stole the show at TD Garden that night, scoring all 4 of Boston’s goals! It is note worthy to mention that Pastrnak got his 5th hat trick of his career,
Loss aren’t fun to talk about, so we move on….
10/16 – Back home playing against the Buffalo Sabres. This game gave Duck fans something to quack about…
- At 7:35 Jack Eichel score putting Sabres on the board first.
- Then Victor Olofsson scores at 16:36 making it 2-0 Sabres and that was it for them…the Ducks take over and never look back!
- Still 1st period – Adam Henrique scores at 18:40 End of first. ‘
Second period action:
- Rickard Rakell :57 not even a minute in (tied 2-2)
- PPG at 9:15 by Ryan Getzlaf (3-2)
- Adam Henrique would end the period with a goal at 19:47 making the score 4-2
Jakob Silfverberg would put the final nail in the coffin, giving the Duck the win with a final score of 5-2 over the Sabres.
This last game will bring us up to date…10/18 vs the Carolina Hurricanes
Another home game that was a victorious! Ducks were dominate in first period, scoring two goals by Adam Henrique and Troy Terry. In the second period, the Ducks would score two more times one by Jakob Silfverberg and a SHG by Carter Rowney. However, the Hurricanes fought back with two goals of their own with a PPG by Erik Haula and a unassisted goal from Haydn Fleury. That really where the game ended because there were no goals to report in third period. This win for the Ducks currently makes them undefeated on home ice.
STAY TUNE NEXT WEEK WHEN I REVIEW MORE OF THEIR GAMES!!! Hopefully the Ducks will be 12-2-0!
- 10/20 at home against Calgary Flames
- Then a 4 game road trip starting with the Nashville Preds on 10/22
- 10/24 in Dallas against the Stars
- 10/26 playing Colorado Avalanche
- 10/27 playing the Vegas Golden Knights and then
- Finishing out October at home against Winnipeg 10/29
Discuss this article and more in the Overtime Heroics Forums!