I know it’s late, but the NHL trade deadline kept me busy most of the day. Here it is, your Sunday Streamers Recap for week 19. Hopefully you found yourself jumping for joy because you locked up a victory leading up to the playoffs. This was a deep week for streaming options. There were eight games, so the need for streaming options might not have been as strong as other weeks. But if you did choose one that was mentioned, I hope they worked out for you!
Time to face the music…
Capitals 5, Penguins 3
- Patric Hornqvist, PIT 52% – 1G, 0A, +2, 5 SOG, 1 hit, 1 block in 17:57 TOI with 4:57 PP TOI
- Brenden Dillon, WAS 13% – 0G, 0A, +2, 4 PIM, 1 SOG, 9 hits in 20:38 TOI with 3:34 SH TOI
I thought this game could produce a high score, but i didn’t think the streaming options would be a huge part of that production. Hornqvist came through with a nice stat line and Dillon produced in the banger stats like I had hoped.
I’ll count this as a win-win!
Sabres 2, Jets 1
- Andrew Copp, WPG 5% – 0G, 0A, 1 SOG in 20:53 TOI with 2:46 SH TOI
- Jack Roslovic, WPG 2% – 0G, 0A, 1 SOG in 13:34 TOI
This one was a game that I wasn’t super excited about and boy did it live up to expectations. Low scoring, and who would’ve thought Kyle Okposo would net two goals? Not this guy.
Ill count this one as a big L.
Stars 2, Blackhawks 1
- Dominik Kubalik, CHI 35% – 1G, 0A, -1, 1 PPP, 2 SOG, 2 hits in 23:21 TOI with 6:33 PP TOI
- Denis Gurianov, DAL 4% – 0G, 0A, 3 SOG in 8:00 TOI
Increasing his rookie leading goal total to 26 goals, Kubalik with his PP tally in the second period. I starting to think that he should be rostered well above the streaming cut off. Gurianov was a bust. I’m not sure what went down, but having only 8 minutes TOI isn’t helpful for fantasy production.
50% ain’t bad, right?
Islanders 4, Sharks 1
- Anthony Beauvillier, NYI 20% – 0G, 0A, +1, 2 SOG, 1 hits in 16:33 TOI with 2:05 PP TOI
- Kevin Labanc, SJS 19% – 0G, 0A, -2, 2 SOG, 2 hits in 14:35 TOI with 0:34 PP TOI.
It seems that Labanc’s promotion didn’t stick around too long. Labanc had his TOI hit 17 minutes and 20 minutes in the two games leading into Sunday. The drastic drop surely added to the lackluster performance. While the Islanders got back in the win column, Beauvillier didn’t show up on the score sheet. His TOI was in line with his normal usage, but the stop line showed up and took care of most of the scoring for the Islanders.
This one seems to be a L as well.
Flames 4, Red Wings 2
- Mikael Backlund, CGY 21% – 0G, 1A, +1, 3 SOG, 18:48 TOI with 1:40 PP TOI and 1:34 SH TOI
- Andreas Athanasiou, DET, 7% – Scratched ahead of trade deadline.
While its not the most exciting stat line, Backlund did keep his nice production streak going. He now has 6 points in his last 5 games. Athanasiou was held out of the game ahead of the trade deadline. It seems like it was because he was already part of a few talks. Athanasiou was traded to Edmonton at the deadline.
I’m counting this a win!
Blues 4, Wild 1
- Kevin Fiala, MIN 37% – 0G, 0A, -2, 4 SOG, 1 hit in 18:44 TOI with 4:42 PP TOI
- Zach Sanford, STL 29% – 0G, 0A, -1, 1 hit, 4 blocks in 16:11 TOI with 1:22 PP TOI and 1:35 SH TOI
Fiala saw his deployment stay about the same, but the Wild just couldn’t get anything going. Their lone goal came on a fluke goal by Marcus Foligno. He did chip in a few of the peripheral stats though, so there is that. Sanford’s cold streak continued. But, like I mentioned in the Sunday Streamers article, he is still a good bangers league option.
I was right about some aspects, wrong about production. So…half credit?
Oilers 4, L.A. Kings 2
- Kailer Yamamoto, EDM 39% – 0G, 1A, +1, 1 hit, in 16:58 TOI
- Dustin Brown, LAK 26% – 1G, 0A, +1, 2 PIM, 5 SOG, 4 hits in 20:28 TOI with 1:05 PP TOI
Yamamoto continues his great run since getting called up. 21 points in 21 games. Unfortunately, news came down this morning that he has been given the week-to-week injury designation. Keep an eye on that situation. Brown has made the best of his new found spot back on the top line. Since Tyler Toffoli was trade, Brown has 3 goals in 4 games. He is already a great player for bangers leagues, but if this success continues, then he could be a very popular Sunday Streamer until everyone finally catches on.
Golden Knights 6, Ducks 5
- Adam Henrique, ANA 17% – 2G, 2A, +4, 6 SOG, 2 hits, 3 blocks in 18:16 TOI with 1:47 PP TOI and 0:57 SH TOI
- Paul Stastny, VGK 24% – 0G, 0A, -1, 1 SOG, 1 hit, 2 blocks in 19:38 TOI with 0:49 PP TOI and 0:23 SH TOI
Vegas scored six goals…six, and Stastny contributed to none of them.
Well, ok, I’m a little mad. But at least Henrique showed up in this high scoring game. Keep Henrique in mind when looking at streaming options while his hot streak continues. He now has 10 points in his last 8 games.
I also mentioned a few other names to look into, lets see how they did:
- Ivan Barbashev, STL – 1G, 0A, +1 1 SOG, 1 block in 14:01 TOI with 3:37 SH TOI
- Jakob Silfverberg, ANA – 0G, 0A, -2, 2 SOG, 2 blocks in 20:37 TOI with 2:34 PP TOI and 0:51 SH TOI
- Andrew Mangiapane, CGY – 2G, 0A, +2, 2 PIM, 5 SOG, 1 hit in 16:49 TOI and 1:40 PP TOI
- Alex Iafallo, LAK – 0G, 1A, -1, 1 PPP, 2 SOG in 17:41 TOI with 1:05 PP TOI and 1:07 SH TOI
- Jared Spurgeon, MIN – 0G, 0A, -1, 1 block in 21:40 TOI with 3:52 PP TOI and 1:17 SH TOI
Not to bad..
Seven teams played back-to-back this weekend, Lets see if the backups played:
- Calvin Petersen, LAK – Lost
- Aaron Dell, SJS – DNP
- Ilya Samsonov, WAS – DNP
- Laurent Brossoit, WPG – DNP
- Malcolm Subban, VGK – Won
- Jonas Johansson, BUF – Won
Be sure to follow me, @FNTSYHCKYTRADES, on Twitter for all your fantasy hockey needs.
Head over to the Overtime Heroics Forums and discuss this article and many more!
Check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 30% off your order!