After the Miami Dolphins had a successful 2020 NFL Draft, Brian Flores has found many hidden talents and gems with undrafted free agents. Flores’s most notable undrafted free agent was Preston Williams. Williams was hurt some of last season but showed tremendous talent as a wide receiver for the Dolphins. The Dolphins have drafted and signed many free agents this offseason, so the UDFA will have to compete for a roster spot.
Dolphins’ UDFA Tracker
- Donell Stanley, Offensive Line, South Carolina – He played center and guard and appeared in 50 games, but started 38.
- Benito Jones, Defensive Tackle, Ole Miss – In his senior season, Jones racked up, 30 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks. Also, he will compete for a position on the interior defensive line.
- Kirk Merritt, Wide Receiver, Arkansas State – In his senior season, Merritt received 70 receptions, 12 touchdowns, and 806 receiving yards. Overall, he has a good shot to beat out some of the wide receivers on the roster.
- Ray Lima, Defensive Tackle, Iowa State – In his senior season, Lima racked up 28 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and a half of a sack. Therefore, Lima could be a potential good run stopper for the Dolphins.
- Nick Kaltmayer, Offensive Tackle, Kansas State – Kaltmayer is 6-8, 311-pound offensive lineman. This adds another huge lineman who has the potential to be a good NFL lineman.
- Tyshun Render, Defensive End, Middle State – In his senior season, Render racked up 49 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks. He is from a smaller division one school but has potential as a run stopper
- Bryce Sterk, Defensive End, Montana State – In his senior season, Sterk racked up 65 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 15 sacks. Overall, he was a monster at Montana, but he’ll have to compete for an edge rusher position on the Dolphins.
- Matt Cole, Wide Receiver, McKendree – In his senior season he only played in three games and he received 43 receptions, 939 receiving yards, and 12 touchdowns. Cole will be able to compete for a special team position as a returner.
- Kylan Johnson, Linebacker, Pittsburgh – In his senior season, Johnson racked up 11 tackles for loss, seven sacks, and 55 tackles. Therefore, he will be a good depth linebacker for the Dolphins.
This post will update as the undrafted free agent continue to sign with the Dolphins. Be sure to follow along.
Follow me on Twitter @AWS_Writer for more of my content!
Go Check out My Latest Article “Miami Dolphins’ Pick No. 246: Malcolm Perry”
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!
Be sure to check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE, and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 30% off your order!