Main Eagles Cuts
Saturday was cut day for the NFL. Each team had to be down to their first 53-man roster by 4pm EDT. The Eagles cut guys throughout the week, but trimmed the rest today.
Most surprising of the players that were released was cornerback Rasul Douglas. He had been a big part of their pass defense over the last couple of seasons. Really being thrown to the fire in 2018, after injuries knocked out three of the four starting defensive backs.
The former 3rd-round pick could end up back with the team via the practice squad, but will likely end up on another team. Douglas has been one of the most-improved players in the Philadelphia secondary. Not yet a starter, but he can play in this league.
Joining him in the secondary to be cut was Sidney Jones. The former second round pick just never seemed to find his role on the defense. He had played at both safety and corner, but will likely hit the free agent market. His experience, and youth could help him land on another roster.
NFL International Pathway Program participant, defensive end Matt Leo, was also among those cut this week. He is highly likely to land on the practice squad.
Shareef Miller, a former 4th-rounder also on the Eagles cut list. Miller never seemed to catch on. Especially with Josh Sweat making the most of his shot, Miller became the odd man out. Could also end up on the 16-man practice squad.
Other players who did not make the roster are:
- Running Backs: Elijah Holyfield, Adrian Killins, Michael Warren
- Wide Receivers: Manasseh Bailey, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis, Travis Fulgham, Marcus Green
- Tight Ends: Tyrone Swoopes, Caleb Wilson, Noah Togiai
- Guard: Julian Good-Jones, Sua Opeta
- Center: Luke Juriga
- Tackle: Prince Tega Wanohgo
- Defensive Tackle: T.Y. McGill, Anthony Rush, Raequan Williams
- Defensive End: Joe Ostman
- Secondary: Grayland Arnold, Michael Jacquet, Elijah Riley, Trevor Williams