Welcome to the Daily Miami Dolphins Notes, on September 7th, 2020. The topics are, Dolphins official depth chart release, captains named, and more…
Miami Dolphins Official Depth Chart
- Running Back (4): Jordan Howard, Matt Breida, Myles Gaskin, Patrick Laird, and Chandler Cox (fullback)
- Wide Receiver (7): DeVante Parker, Preston Williams, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Malcolm Perry, Mack Hollins, and Lynn Bowden Jr.
- Left Guard (1): Ereck Flowers
- Defensive End (4): Christian Wilkins and Emmanuel Ogbah as the starters. Zach Sieler and Jason Strowbridge as the back-ups.
- Linebacker (8): Shaq Lawson, Jerome Baker, Kyle Van Noy, and Elandon Roberts are the starters. Andrew Van Ginkel, Sam Eguavoen, Calvin Munson, Kamu Grugier-Hill are the back-ups.
- Safety (5): Eric Rowe and Bobby McCain are the starters. Kavon Frazier and Clayton Fejedelem are the second team. Brandon Jones is with the third team.
- Cornerback (5): Byron Jones and Xavien Howard are the starters. Noah Igbinoghene and Nik Needham are the second team. Jamal Perry is on the third team.
- Kick Returner: Jakeem Grant is the starter. Noah Igbinoghene is the back-up.
- Punt Returner: Jakeem Grant is the starter. Preston Williams is the back-up. Malcolm Perry is the third string.
- Kicker (1): Jason Sanders
- Punter (1): Matt Haack
- Long Snapper (1): Blake Ferguson
Miami Dolphins Captains
In addition, to the Dolphins releasing the depth chart, they also released the offensive, defensive, and special teams captains. So, the offensive captains are, quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, center, Ted Karras, and, right tackle, Jesse Davis. Additionally, the defensive captains are, safety, Bobby McCain, linebacker, Kyle Van Noy, and, linebacker, Elandon Roberts. In addition, the special teams captains are, safety, Kavon Frazier, and, safety, Clayton Fejedelem. Also, fun fact, currently three out of the eight captains for the Dolphins are former Patriots.
There has not been much of an update on how DeVante Parker or Xavien Howard are doing, but both are scheduled to play on Sunday. After Preston Williams had the injury last season, Gailey says that they are trying to have him rest a day here and there. Overall, the Dolphins look healthy going into week one of the regular season against the Patriots.
Tight End Work
Surprisingly, Durham Smythe is going to be the starting tight end over Mike Gesicki on the depth chart. This came as a shock as Gesicki was the starter for the Dolphins last season. Gailey says “Hopefully we’ve got more balance there than people might think at this point.” They have been working on getting Gesicki blocking better and Smythe’s route running better. Overall, with Smythe becoming the starting tight end, we can assume that the Dolphins will be a run first offense this season behind Howard and Breida.
Go Check Out Overtime Heroics Merchandise!
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics