The Boston Bruins and the Bruins Foundation donated 600 Christmas trees to Operation Service and their “Tree for Service” campaign. These campaign services veterans and the families of service members. This marks the fourth year that the Bruins have done this for this organization.
On December 4th, Bob Sweeney, the president of the Bruins Foundation, was at Fort Devens joined by Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, Karyn Polito to hand out trees to both veterans and families of soldiers who are currently deployed.
Tomorrow, December 10th, Sweeney will join former Bruins Goalie Andrew Raycroft from 12 pm to 2 pm at Hanscom Air Force Base. The address to the base is 55 Grenier Street, Hanscom Air Force Base, MA 01731. Sweeney and Raycroft will be handing out more trees to military families.
Don’t Forget Your Bruins Calendar!
As a reminder to all Bruins’ fans, the Boston Bruins Foundation is still selling the Pucks and Pups 2021 Calendar. Sponsored by Pet Smart, all proceeds will go to a pup in need at the MSPCA. Bruins players amongst the calendar are
- Patrice Bergeron and his Maltese-Poodle Wilson
- Anders Bjork and his Labrador Retriever Rue
- Paul Carey and his Golden Retriever Bucky
- Brandon Carlo and his English Bulldog Winnie and his Bernese Mountain Dog Emmy Lou
- Charlie Coyle and his Golden Retriever Bodie
- Trent Frederic and his Mini Bernedoodle Boots
- David Krejci and his Maltese Diggles
- Sean Kuraly and his Bernedoodle Beau
- Jeremy Lauzon and his Boxer Cane Corso mix Lexie
- Charlie McAvoy and his French Bulldog Otto
- Kevan Miller and his Australian Shepherd Oakley
- Zach Senyshyn and his Mini Goldendoodle Winston
- Craig Smith and his Mini Golden Retriever Tula
- Jack Studnicka and his Labrador Retriever mix Bender.
Calendars can be purchased through the Boston Bruins Pro Shop.
Boston Bruins Foundation
The Boston Bruins Foundation is a non-profit that collaborates with charitable organizations that demonstrate a commitment to health and wellness, education, and athletics. … Since inception, the Boston Bruins Foundation has generated over $38 million through various events and initiatives.Main Image Credit Embed from Getty Images