Ion Cutelaba and Devin Clark Looking To Bounce Back
Ion Cutelaba (15-6, 1 NC, 4-5 UFC) is looking to rebound from back-to-back losses for the first time in his career. Both of those losses came at the hands of Russia’s Magomed Ankalaev, who has since risen to #11 in the rankings. With the rivalry behind him, Moldova’s Cutelaba will look to get back to his winning ways against Clark.
Devin Clark (12-5 MMA, 6-5 UFC) is also looking to rebound from a loss to former title challenger Anthony Smith. After alternating wins and losses over a three-year period, Clark strung together consecutive wins over Dequan Townsend and Alonzo Menifield. The wins earned him a crack at a top-15 opponent in Smith. He lost the bout via triangle choke in the first round.
UFC Fight Night 191 is scheduled to take place on May 1 at an unknown location, however it is expected to be the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. At this time, no main event has been named by the promotion but it is assumed to be headlined by light heavyweights Jiri Prochazka and Dominick Reyes. Will the bout between Ion Cutelaba and Devin Clark make it onto the main card? It will be a tough task with a decent card forming.
With the addition of the bout, the May 1 event includes:
- Light Heavyweight: Jiri Prochazka vs Dominick Reyes
- Featherweight: Cub Swanson vs Gavin Tucker
- Featherweight: TJ Laramie vs Damon Jackson
- Welterweight: Mike Jackson vs Dean Barry
- Featherweight: TJ Brown vs Kai Kamaka III
- Middleweight: KB Bhullar vs Andreas Michailidis
- Women’s Flyweight: Ji Yeon Kim vs Poliana Botelho
- Light Heavyweight: Ion Cutelaba vs Devin Clark
Who do you see winning this light heavyweight scrap between Ion Cutelaba and Devin Clark? Let us know your predictions in the comments below!
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!