A strawweight bout featuring former LFA Strawweight Championship title challenger Sam Hughes vs Loma Lookboonmee, a 3-fight UFC veteran, is in the works for May 1. The fight was initially reported by MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck on Twitter.
UFC Fight Night 191 Adds Sam Hughes vs Loma Lookboonmee
Sam Hughes (5-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) was initially scheduled to face Emily Whitmire at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs Gane on February 27. Whitmire was forced out of the contest. Hughes is looking to rebound after the doctor was forced to call a halt in her UFC debut against Tecia Torres. Hughes has an 80% finish rate including three submission victories under her belt.
Loma Lookboonmee (5-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will look to pick up consecutive victories for the first time under the UFC banner. The Thai fighter most recently earned a decision victory over Jinh Yu Frey in her most impressive performance to date. Under the guidance of George Hickman at Tiger Muay Thai, her striking has improved tremendously and she will look to put that on full display.
UFC Fight Night 191 takes place on May 1 and is expected to be headlined by Jiri Prochazka vs Dominick Reyes in a light heavyweight bout. It’s not yet known where Sam Hughes vs Loma Lookboonmee will fall on the card but fans should expect a great fight!
The full card has yet to be announced, but the expected fights on tap are listed below:
- Light Heavyweight: Jiri Prochazka vs Dominick Reyes
- Featherweight: Cub Swanson vs Gavin Tucker
- Featherweight: TJ Laramie vs Damon Jackson
- Welterweight: Mike Jackson vs Dean Barry
- Featherweight: TJ Brown vs Kai Kamaka III
- Middleweight: KB Bhullar vs Andreas Michailidis
- Women’s Flyweight: Ji Yeon Kim vs Poliana Botelho
- Light Heavyweight: Ion Cutelaba vs Devin Clark
- Women’s Strawweight: Sam Hughes vs Loma Lookboonmee
Who do you see winning this strawweight scrap between Sam Hughes and Loma Lookboonmee? Let us know your predictions in the comments below!
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!