The UFC Vegas 19 weigh-ins have concluded, yielding mixed results. Four of the 30 fighters set to compete this weekend missed the mark. Most notably, Rafael Alves – who weighed in nearly 12 pounds over the limit.
Luckily, the heavyweight contenders are all set for the event’s headliner, as both Curtis Blaydes and Derrick Lewis successfully weighed in under the 266-pound limit. Unfortunately, Ketlen Vieira, Jared Gordon, and Drako Rodriguez joined Alves in missing weight.
Per UFC officials, the featherweight bout between Alves and Patrick Sabatini has been scrapped as a result of Alves’ massive miss on the scales. However, the other three fights are scheduled to carry on, with both Gordon and Rodriguez being fined 30% of their purse, and Vieira losing 20% of her payout.
Now let’s examine the rest of the UFC Vegas 19 weigh-in results!
Full UFC Vegas 19 Weigh-In Results:
- Heavyweight: Curtis Blaydes (259) vs Derrick Lewis (263)
- Bantamweight: Yana Kunitskaya (135.5) vs Ketlen Vieira (138*)
- Featherweight: Darrick Minner (146) vs Charles Rosa (146)
- Heavyweight: Chris Daukaus (234) vs Aleksei Oleinik (240)
- Middleweight: Nassourdine Imavov (185.5) vs Phil Hawes (185)
- Heavyweight: Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs Tom Aspinall (244.5)
- Featherweight: Danny Chavez (145) vs Jared Gordon (150*)
- Lightweight: Drakkar Klose (156) vs Luis Pena (155.5)
- Bantamweight: John Castaneda (136) vs Eddie Wineland (135.5)
- Featherweight: Julian Erosa (145.5) vs Nate Landwehr (146)
- Featherweight: Rafael Alves (157.5*) vs Patrick Sabatini (145.5)
- Flyweight: Shana Dobson (126) vs Casey O’Neill (125.5)
- Featherweight: Jamall Emmers (145.5) vs Chas Skelly (146)
- Bantamweight: Drako Rodriguez (140.5*) vs Aiemann Zahabi (136)
- Heavyweight: Serghei Spivak (245) vs Jared Vanderaa (265)
The UFC Vegas 19 weigh-in results are pretty historic when considering how badly Alves missed the mark. In the past, we’ve seen Charles Oliveira miss weight by nine pounds, but this is on a whole other level. Alves expressed his interest in moving up to lightweight (he still would’ve missed weight at 157.5), but will the UFC keep him after this blunder on the scales?
Additionally, Rodriguez failed to make weight in what is his UFC debut. Also, this is Gordon’s second time missing weight in eight UFC appearances. This is Vieira’s first time tipping the scales.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @RyanTruland for my latest work! Also, check out our homepage and follow us @OTHeroicsMMA for all our content!
Featured Image Credit to Embed from Getty Images.