Raoni Barcelos’ Positive COIVD-19 Test Cancels Fight Against Marcelo Rojo
Raoni Barcelos (16-1, 5-0 UFC) was scheduled to face fellow Brazilian Raphael Assuncao on Saturday night’s card, however that fight was cancelled due to Assuncao obtaining an injury and testing positive for COVID-19.
Marcelo Rojo (16-6, 0-0 UFC) offered to step in on less than a week’s notice to fight the exciting bantamweight in his promotional debut at a catchweight of 140 pounds. However, just hours after Rojo was announced to face Barcelos at UFC Vegas 20, it was now the other Brazilian who was out with COVID-19.
In a video posted to Twitter, Barcelos explained in Portuguese that he and his wife are feeling “fine” and experiencing no symptoms.
The 33-year-old has caught the attention of many in the already stacked bantamweight division due to his dominance of fellow prospects. Barcelos likely would have been on the verge of a ranking slot with a win at UFC Vegas 20.
It has yet to be confirmed as to whether Marcelo Rojo will remain on the card and be able to make his UFC debut.
Full UFC Vegas 20 Card
- Heavyweight: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Ciryl Gane
- Light Heavyweight: Nikita Krylov vs Magomed Ankalaev
- Flyweight: Montana Del Rosa vs Mayra Bueno Silva
- Bantamweight: Pedro Munhoz vs Jimmie Rivera
- Strawweight: Angela Hill vs Ashley Yoder
- Featherweight: Alex Caceres vs Kevin Croom
- Lightweight: Alexander Hernandez vs Thiago Moises
- Welterweight: Alex Oliveira vs TBA
- Flyweight: Alexis Davis vs Sabina Mazo
- Light Heavyweight: Alonzo Menifield vs William Knight
- Bantamweight: Ronnie Lawrence vs Vince Cachero
- Light Heavyweight: Dustin Jacoby vs Maxim Grishin
Should Raoni Barcelos vs Raphael Assuncao be rescheduled to a later date? Or is Raoni Barcelos vs Marcelo Rojo the rebooking to make? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter @Dionwills16 for news and discussions.
Featured Image Credit to Embed from Getty Images.