News of this fight’s announcement was first reported by MMAJunkie’s Nolan King. It’s since been reported by other media outlets.
Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens Set for UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs Costa
Drakkar Klose (11-2-1, 5-2 UFC) will be over a year removed from his last fight when he steps in the cage on April 17th. Klose has dealt quite well with the difficult list of opponents that he’s faced. Wins over the likes of Marc Diakese, Lando Vannata, Bobby Green, Christos Giagos have Klose knocking on the door of the top-15.
Jeremy Stephens (28-18 1 NC, 15-16 1 NC UFC) hasn’t been in the win column since finishing Josh Emmett in February of 2018. He’s moving up to lightweight for the first time since 2012. There’s no doubt Stephens is starving for a win, so expect him to bring it on April 17th.
Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens has the makings of a Fight of the Night worthy bout. It’s just another addition to an already anticipated UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs Costa. The entire card as it stands is listed below:
- Middleweight: Robert Whittaker vs Paulo Costa
- Middleweight: Bartosz Fabinski vs Gerald Meerschaert
- Heavyweight: Parker Porter vs Chase Sherman
- Women’s Flyweight: Tracy Cortez vs Justine Kish
- Bantamweight: Tony Gravely vs Nate Maness
- Lightweight: Austin Hubbard vs Natan Levy
- Lightweight: Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens
Who do you see prevailing out of Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens? Let us know your prediction in the comments below!