With Steven Garcia out, Marcelo Rojo vs Charles Jourdain is now set for UFC Vegas 21. First reported by Entre Rounds, the fight is scheduled for March 13th. This matchup makes for another phenomenal addition to an already exciting card.
Also on the card is Leon Edwards making a long-awaited return to the cage, while his opponent Belal “Remember the Name” Muhammad is making the quick turn-around; fresh off a dominant victory against Dhiego Lima at UFC 258. The co-main event will feature two tough and hungry prospects battling it out when Dan “50k” Ige takes on Gavin Tucker.
Marcelo Rojo vs Charles Jourdain Could Be a Fight of the Night Contender
Marcelo “El Pitbull” Rojo (16-6, 0-0 UFC) is an Argentinian MMA fighter who was originally scheduled to debut against Raoni Barcelos at UFC Vegas 20. Barcelos tested positive for COVID and the fight was canceled. Then, by some twist of fate, Garcia pulled out of his fight with Jourdain due to injury. “El Pitbull” stepped up and now we’re blessed with the Marcelo Rojo vs Charles Jourdain fight.
Rojo is a consistent and impressive first-round finisher. Accruing most of his professional experience in Combate Americas, his last six victories come via first-round KO/TKO or submission.
Charles “Air” Jourdain (10-3-1, 1-2-1 UFC) is a Canadian-born fighter who seems to always put on a great show, win, lose, or draw. 9-1 before making his UFC debut, a few tough matchups have slowed the rise of this amazing prospect.
While it is not set in stone where Marcelo Rojo vs Charles Jourdain will land on the card, this is the lineup so far for UFC Vegas 21. Keep in mind, that things may change or get shuffled, and some fights may get canceled or rescheduled.
- Welterweight: Leon Edwards vs Belal Muhammad
- Bantamweight: Davey Grant vs Jonathan Martinez
- Welterweight: Matthew Semelsberger vs Jason Witt
- Strawweight: Jinh Yu Frey vs Gloria de Paula
- Featherweight: Dan Ige vs Gavin Tucker
- Middleweight: Eryk Anders vs Darren Stewart
- Lightweight: Nasrat Haqparast vs Don Madge
- Featherweight: Ricardo Ramos vs Zubaira Tukhugov
- Bantamweight: Ray Rodriguez vs Rani Yahya
- Heavyweight: Philipe Lins vs Ben Rothwell
- Flyweight: Matheus Nicolau vs Tagir Ulanbekov
- Featherweight: Charles Jourdain vs Marcelo Rojo
- Flyweight: Cortney Casey vs JJ Aldrich
Who do you see winning this Marcelo Rojo vs Charles Jourdain scrap? Let us know your predictions in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter @MmaMakoa_, Instagram mmamakoa_, and Facebook @MakoaGobleMMA for more combat sports news and discussions. Also, make sure to follow @OT_Heroics for all of your sporting needs. Don’t forget OTHeroicsMMA for all things MMA.
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images and Embed from Getty Images.