The UFC has added a featherweight bout between Shane Young and Omar Morales. Both men will be looking to return to the win column after suffering defeats in their previous outings. Christopher Reive from the New Zealand Herald was the first to report the bout.
Featherweights Shane Young and Omar Morales Set for UFC 260
Shane Young (13-5, 2-2 UFC) will be looking to bounce back from being finished for the first time in his career against Ľudovít Klein. Prior to the defeat, the New Zealand native had recorded back-to-back wins inside the octagon. He will be searching for his third UFC victory and it will be the first time he competes in North America.
Omar Morales (10-1, 2-1 UFC) will be making his second appearance as a featherweight in this bout. After starting his UFC career 2-0, the Venezuelan dropped to 145lbs to face Giga Chikadze. He lost the bout via unanimous decision. Morales is in a similar position as Young and will look to get back to his winning ways.
UFC 260 is full of exciting matchups, including the main event between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou for the heavyweight championship. Also on the card is a featherweight championship bout between Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega. It is unsure where the Shane Young and Omar Morales fight will land on the card, however, the fights announced as of today are listed below:
- Heavyweight Championship: Stipe Miocic vs Francis N’Gannou
- Featherweight Championship: Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Welterweight: Tyron Woodley vs Vicente Luque
- Light Heavyweight: Modestas Bukauskas vs Michał Oleksiejczuk
- Strawweight: Randa Markos vs Luana Pinheiro
- Strawweight: Jessica Penne vs Hannah Goldy
- Bantamweight: Thomas Almeida vs Sean O’Malley
- Middleweight: Abu Azaitar vs Marc-Andre Barriault
- Lightweight: Khama Worthy vs Jamie Mullarkey
- Flyweight: Gillian Robertson vs Miranda Maverick
- Light Heavyweight: Alonzo Menifield vs William Knight
- Featherweight: Shane Young vs Omar Morales
Who do you see winning the Shane Young vs Omar Morales fight? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!