The UFC 259 weigh-in results are here! This week’s weigh-ins went about as smoothly as they can go. In less than 30 minutes after starting, nearly every fighter had already weighed in without any issues on the scale. All three of the title fights are official, with no weight issues for any of the main card fighters.
Middleweight champ Israel Adesanya weighed in at 200.5 pounds for his light heavyweight title fight with Jan Blachowicz, which is 4.5 pounds under the 205-pound limit. And he did it with a pizza box in his hands! There was some slight drama when some people were confused by the way the weight was read. It was announced as “200 and one-half pounds” which clearly indicates Adesanya weighed in at 200.5 pounds. However, some misunderstood it as 201.5 pounds.
Then, with nearly everyone weighed in, the UFC 259 weigh-in results produced its first missed weight. Askar Askarov came in at 127 pounds, which is one pound over the flyweight limit. With Askarov being the only fighter to have issues on the scale, the UFC can chalk this up as one of the more successful weigh-ins in recent memory.
Now let’s take a look at the rest of the UFC 259 weigh-in results!
Full UFC 259 Weigh-in Results
- Light Heavyweight Championship: Jan Blachowicz (205) vs Israel Adesanya (200.5)
- Women’s Featherweight Championship: Amanda Nunes (145) vs Megan Anderson (144.5)
- Bantamweight Championship: Petr Yan (135) vs Aljamain Sterling (134.5)
- Lightweight: Islam Makhachev (156) vs Drew Dober (156)
- Light Heavyweight: Thiago Santos (206) vs Aleksandar Rakic (206)
- Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz (136) vs Casey Kenney (136)
- Bantamweight: Kyler Phillips (136) vs Yadong Song (135.5)
- Flyweight: Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs Askar Askarov (127)*
- Flyweight: Kai Kara-France (125.5) vs Rogerio Bontorin (126)
Early Preliminary Card
- Flyweight: Tim Elliott (125.5) vs Jordan Espinosa (126)
- Light Heavyweight: Carlos Ulberg (205) vs Kennedy Nzechukwu (205.5)
- Welterweight: Sean Brady (170.5) vs Jake Matthews (169.5)
- Women’s Strawweight: Livinha Souza (116) vs Amanda Lemos (116)
- Lightweight: Uros Medic (156) vs Aalon Cruz (155)
- Bantamweight: Trevin Jones (134.5) vs Mario Bautista (135.5)
Follow me on Twitter @jefflswartz2, Instagram @jefflswartzmma, and Facebook @JeffLSwartzMMA for more combat sports news and discussions. Also, make sure to follow @OT_Heroics for all of your sporting needs. Don’t forget @OTHeroicMMA for all things MMA.
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!
Featured Image Credit to Embed from Getty Images