A welterweight bout between Jared Gooden and Abubakar Nurmagomedov will feature on UFC 260 at the end of this month. The UFC was the first to release the news about the fight. The UFC hasn’t announced where the bout will land on the card, but we do know the rematch of Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou will headline the event for the heavyweight title. Alexander Volkanovski defends his featherweight title in the co-main facing Brian Ortega.
A Win’s a Must for Jared Gooden and Abubakar Nurmagomedov
Jared “Nite Train” Gooden (17-5, 0-1 UFC) has bounced around the promotions since turning professional in 2015, and he finally made his UFC debut at UFC 255.
Before being signed by the UFC, Gooden won his first six fights. Then after nine fights, he had two losses to his name. A true fighter gains from his losses and that’s exactly what Gooden has done.
He carried on battling through, going on several win streaks. He’s finished 13 of his 17 wins and he’s only been finished once in his career.
2020 wasn’t a year for the majority, but for Gooden, it was a new start in a new promotion. He was signed up to face Alan Jouban at UFC 255. A disaster debut for Gooden as he lost every round, losing by unanimous decision.
Abubakar Nurmagomedov (15-3, 0-1 UFC) has been on a similar path to his future opponent, as he went on an eight-fight unbeaten streak when he started his professional career in 2011, before losing to Magomed Mustafaev three years later.
The bout ended in a unanimous draw, with Nurmagomedov advancing due to winning the first round. However, Nurmagomedov did not advance to the semifinals due to a hand injury, and Veličković replaced him.
It was another dismal debut, as Nurmagomedov had an even worse start to his UFC career, losing by a triangle choke to David Zawada inside the first round.
Contracts could be on the line in this one, with both fighters desperate to get their first win on the board.
It’s not known where the fight between Jared Gooden and Abubakar Nurmagomedov will land on the card, but it will certainly be one to watch! The bouts scheduled so far are:
- Heavyweight Title Fight: Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou 2
- Featherweight Title Fight: Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Welterweight: Tyron Woodley vs Vicente Luque
- Bantamweight: Sean O’Malley vs Thomas Almeida
- Lightweight: Khama Worthy vs Jamie Mullarkey
- Light Heavyweight: Alonzo Menifield vs William Knight
- Women’s Flyweight: Gillian Robertson vs Miranda Maverick
- Featherweight: Shane Young vs Omar Morales
- Middleweight: Marc-Andre Barriault vs Abu Azaitar
- Light Heavyweight: Modestas Bukauskas vs Michal Oleksiejczuk
- Women’s Strawweight: Jessica Penne vs Hannah Goldy
- Women’s Strawweight: Randa Markos vs Luana Pinheiro
- Welterweight: Jared Gooden vs Abubakar Nurmagomedov
Who do you see winning the fight between Jared Gooden and Abubakar Nurmagomedov? Let us know your prediction in the comments below!