A featherweight bout between Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff will go ahead at UFC on ABC 2, the UFC has confirmed. The fight is expected to take place in the co-main event. A middleweight bout between Darren Till and Marvin Vettori will be the main event.
The Future of Featherweight: Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff
Arnold “Almighty” Allen (16-1, 7-0 UFC) looks to keep up his unbeaten record in the promotion in his toughest test yet against Yusuff.
The Englishman started his professional MMA career in 2012, where he was victorious in his first seven fights. His one and only loss came two years later via a unanimous decision against Marcin Wrzosek while fighting in Cage Warriors, where he spent the majority of his career before signing for the UFC back in 2015.
He’s currently on a nine-fight win streak and seven of those have come in the UFC, where he holds the second-most consecutive wins from an active fighter in the featherweight division, only two behind the current champion, Alexander Volkanovski.
Allen has a mixed record of five KOs, four submissions, and seven decision victories. His last three fights have lasted the whole three rounds, beating Jordan Rinaldi, Gilbert Melendez, and Nik Lentz in his last bout in January 2020.
Sodiq “Super” Yusuff (11-1, 4-0 UFC) is also unbeaten in the UFC, and a victory over Allen will prove Yusuff is the real deal!
The only loss for Yusuff came in Titan FC after he was knocked out in the first round by Luis Gomez. The Nigerian has moved around promotions in his career, and was invited on to Dana White’s Contender Series in 2018.
An impressive unanimous decision win over Mike Davis was enough for White to award Yusuff with a contract. He made the perfect start to his UFC career knocking out Suman Mokhtarian in the first round.
Three more impressive wins over Sheymon Moraes, Gabriel Benitez, and Andre Fili have given Yusuff the chance to fight Allen. Six knockouts in his 11 wins show exactly what Yusuff wants to do in this one.
With the fight between Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff being added as the co-main event, the bouts scheduled so far are:
- Middleweight: Darren Till vs Marvin Vettori
- Featherweight: Arnold Allen vs Sodiq Yusuff
- Women’s Strawweight: Nina Ansaroff vs Mackenzie Dern
- Heavyweight: Jarjis Danho vs Yorgan De Castro
- Women’s Bantamweight: Bea Malecki vs Norma Dumont Viana
- Lightweight: John Makdessi vs Ignacio Bahamondes
- Middleweight: Julian Marquez vs Sam Alvey
- Middleweight: Kyle Daukaus vs Aliaskhab Khizriev
- Featherweight: Jordan Griffin vs Luis Saldana
- Bantamweight: Jack Shore vs Hunter Azure
- Welterweight: Daniel Rodriguez vs Mike Perry
- Light Heavyweight: Da Un Jung vs Shamil Gamzatov
- Middleweight: Impa Kasanganay vs Sasha Palatnikov
- Lightweight: Scott Holtzman vs Mateusz Gamrot
- Lightweight: Jim Miller vs Joe Solecki
Who do you see winning the fight between Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff? Let us know your prediction in the comments below!