News of this fight’s announcement was first reported by MMA DNA. It’s since been reported by other media outlets.
Rongzhu vs Rodrigo Vargas Booked for UFC 261
Rongzhu (17-3, 0-0 UFC) spent just about his entire MMA career fighting for WLF in China. He now takes his talents to the big stage that is the UFC against a much older Vargas (35). Since his last loss in 2018, Rongzhu has rattled off 10 straight victories – nine of which were finishes. The Chinese prospect is very light on his feet but heavy with his hands. Moreover, Rongzhu has been forced to work on his takedown defense as result of his opponents normally trying to take him down.
Rodrigo Vargas (11-4, 0-2 UFC) is still searching for his first UFC victory after failing in his first two tries. In his first outing, Alex da Silva stunned him and out-grappled him en route to a decision. Then, Vargas lost his fight to Brok Weaver because of illegal knees. Still, no one can question the toughness of “Kazula” – and he’ll serve as a tough first opponent for Rongzhu.
Rongzhu vs Rodrigo Vargas just adds to an already stacked UFC 261 lineup. The current card can be viewed below:
- Welterweight Championship: Kamaru Usman vs Jorge Masvidal
- Women’s Flyweight Championship: Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Andrade
- Women’s Strawweight Championship: Zhang Weili vs Rose Namajunas
- Middleweight: Chris Weidman vs Uriah Hall
- Middleweight: Jimmy Crute vs Anthony Smith
- Bantamweight: Danaa Batgerel vs Kevin Natvidad
- Middleweight: Brendan Allen vs Karl Roberson
- Flyweight: Qileng Aori vs Jeffrey Molina
- Bantamweight: Johnny Munhoz vs Mark Striegl
- Lightweight: Rongzhu vs Rodrigo Vargas
Who do you see coming away victorious from Rongzhu vs Rodrigo Vargas? Drop your prediction in the comments!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @RyanTruland for all my latest work. Also, follow our social media at @OTHeroicsMMA to stay up to date with our content! Don’t forget to visit our web page for all the best MMA news!
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images