A fight between Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown has been rescheduled to take place at UFC 261 on April 24th. The bout was originally meant to take place on February 27th but Brown was forced to withdraw from the card.
However, Oliveira was then scheduled to fight Ramazan Kuramagomedov on short notice, but Kuramagomedov was unable to compete and the fight was scrapped altogether. News of the rescheduling was first reported by Marcel Dorff.
UFC 261 Adds Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown Fight
Alex Oliveira (22-9-1 2 NC, 11-7 1 NC UFC) is from Tres Rios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and fights out of ATS Team in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Oliveira is looking to rebound from a submission loss at UFC 254 against Shavkat Rakhmonov. Before this defeat, Oliveira had two decision victories over Peter Sobotta and Max Griffin.
During his UFC career, Oliveira has picked up noticeable victories over the likes of Tim Means and Carlos Condit. However, Oliveira has also tasted defeat against the likes of Donald Cerrone and Mike Perry. Therefore, Oliveria is a vastly experienced veteran of MMA and will be looking to get back in the win column at UFC 261.
Randy Brown (12-4, 6-4 UFC) is from Spanish Town, Jamaica, but fights out of Budokan Martial Arts Academy in Lynnbrook, New York. Brown is also looking to rebound from a second-round knockout loss to Vicente Luque. However, before this defeat, Brown had a performance of the night win over Warlley Alves as well as a third-round TKO of Bryan Barberena. Therefore, Brown has demonstrated that he is a dangerous opponent for Oliveira and is capable of ending the fight from out of nowhere
Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown will both be looking to get back in the win column to ensure that no questions arise in regards to their tenures in the UFC. A win for Brown will claim a big name on his resume but a win for Oliveira will demonstrate to the UFC that he still deserves a spot in the UFC. Therefore, Brown will be looking to demonstrate the aggression he showed when he earned his first post-fight bonus. While Oliveira will be looking for a victory to keep him in the UFC.
It is believed that the Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown fight will land on the prelims and fans can expect a war between these two welterweights. With the addition of Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown, the announced bouts for UFC 261 are as follows:
- UFC Welterweight Championship: Kamaru Usman (c) vs Jorge Masvidal
- UFC Women’s Flyweight Championship: Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs Jessica Andrade
- UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship: Zhang Weili (c) vs Rose Namajunas
- Middleweight: Chris Weidman vs Uriah Hall
- Light Heavyweight: Anthony Smith vs Jimmy Crute
- Welterweight: Alex Oliveira vs Randy Brown
- Middleweight: Karl Roberson vs Brendan Allen
- Bantamweight: Danaa Batgerel vs Kevin Natividad
- Flyweight: Qileng Aori vs Jeffrey Molina
- Bantamweight: Jamey Simmons vs Johnny Munoz
- Lightweight: Kazula Vargas vs Rong Zhu
- Welterweight: Dwight Grant vs Stefan Sekulic
- Women’s Strawweight: Na Liang vs Ariane Carnelossi
Who do you see winning this exciting fight between Alex Oliveira and Randy Brown? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!