The booking of Jordan Leavitt vs Claudio Puelles was first reported by Carlos Contreras Legaspi. It’s since been conveyed by other media outlets.
Jordan Leavitt vs Claudio Puelles Set for June 5th
Jordan Leavitt (8-0, 1-0 UFC) made a huge splash in his debut by slamming UFC veteran Matt Wiman unconscious in the opening minute. “The Monkey King” earned that big opportunity following a first-round submission (Arm Triangle Choke) on the Contender Series. At just 25 years old, the Syndicate MMA trainee is one of the brightest prospects in all the UFC.
Claudio Puelles (9-2, 2-1 UFC) suffered a TKO loss to Martin Bravo in his UFC debut. Impressively, the Peruvian talent bounced back strong by securing back-to-back victories – one of which was a kneebar submission. “El Niño” hasn’t fought since Sept. of 2019, but he’s still just 24 years of age. Fighting out the southpaw stance, Puelles is especially dangerous once the fight gets to the mat.
This lightweight contest adds to a UFC Fight Night card that’s scheduled for June 5th, with a location still TBD. For now, check out the entire (current) lineup below:
- Heavyweight Bout: Walt Harris vs Marcin Tybura
- Heavyweight Bout: Tanner Boser vs Ilir Latifi
- Welterweight Bout: Francisco Trinaldo vs Muslim Salikhov
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Maryna Moroz vs Manon Fiorot
- Featherweight Bout: Youssef Zalal vs Sean Woodson
- Lightweight Bout: Alan Patrick vs Mason Jones
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Montana De La Rosa vs Ariane Lipski
- Middleweight Bout: Dusko Todorovic vs Maki Pitolo
- Middleweight Bout: Alessio Di Chirico vs Roman Dolidze
- Lightweight Bout: Jordan Leavitt vs Claudio Puelles
Who do you see gaining the edge in Jordan Leavitt vs Claudio Puelles? Drop your prediction in the comment section!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @RyanTruland for all my latest work. Give us a follow on our social media at @OTHeroicsMMA to stay in tuned for all our content! Also, please visit our web page for the most important MMA news!