Kevin Aguilar will welcome Tucker Lutz to the octagon at UFC 262 on May 15th. This lightweight scrap finalizes a 15 fight card, which is set to take place in a sold out Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
UFC officials were first to report the booking of Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz. It’s since been relayed by other media outlets.
Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz Set for May 15th
Kevin Aguilar (17-4, 2-3 UFC) climbed to the peak of the featherweight mountain for both Legacy FC and LFA, before receiving the call to fight on the Contender Series in 2018. A split decision victory didn’t earn him the contract, but he was awarded the chance to compete at The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale four months later. The Texas native defeated Rick Glenn and Enrique Barzola in his first official UFC appearances – however three consecutive losses since then have knocked the 32 year old back some. Still, “The Angel of Death” still posts an impressive resume and will be a tough opponent for the debutant.
Tucker Lutz (11-1, 0-0 UFC) has come away victorious in 11 straight fights after losing his pro debut in 2015. The former Shogun Fights lightweight champ won two Contender Series bouts – both via unanimous decision – before earning the elusive UFC contract. Don’t let a couple decision victories fool you, “Top Gun” has proven to be a finisher. Like Aguilar, Lutz has competed at featherweight in the past, but it seems as though lightweight is his current home. The Maryland native keeps his foot on the gas so expect to see him bring it at UFC 262.
The UFC 262 card in finalized (subject to change) and it’s looking like nothing short of a spectacular event. Check out the entire 15 fight card below:
- Vacant Lightweight Championship Bout: Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler
- Welterweight Bout (5 rounds): Leon Edwards vs Nate Diaz
- Featherweight Bout: Shane Burgos vs Edson Barboza
- Lightweight Bout: Tony Ferguson vs Beneil Dariush
- Middleweight Bout: Jack Hermansson vs Edmen Shahbazyan
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Gina Mazany vs Priscila Cachoeira
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Katlyn Chookagian vs Viviane Araujo
- Flyweight Bout: Alex Perez vs Matt Schnell
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Andrea Lee vs Antonina Shevchenko
- Middleweight Bout: Jamie Pickett vs Jordan Wright
- Lightweight Bout: Christos Giagos vs Joel Alvarez
- Middleweight Bout: Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs Andre Muniz
- Lightweight Bout: Damir Ismagulov vs Rafael Alves
- Featherweight Bout: Mike Grundy vs Lando Vannata
- Lightweight Bout: Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz
Who do you see prevailing from Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz? Drop your prediction in the comment section!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @RyanTruland for all my latest work. Please give us a follow on our social media at @OTHeroicsMMA to stay in tuned with our content! Also, please visit our web page for all the latest MMA news!
Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz Kevin Aguilar vs Tucker Lutz