A heavyweight bout between Juan Espino and Alexandr Romanov is set to take place on this month’s April 17th card. The matchup was confirmed on both Espino’s and Romanov’s Instagram accounts. The main event for the card is Robert Whittaker against Kelvin Gastelum, with Gastelum stepping in for the injured Paulo Costa. While it is not official, it’s being reported that Juan Espino and Alexandr Romanov will fight on the prelims.
UFC Vegas 24 Could Be Full After Adding Juan Espino and Alexandr Romanov
Juan “El Guapo” Espino (10-1, 2-0 UFC) is looking to form a charge on the current heavyweight rankings after choking out Jeff Hughes via a scarf-hold choke in the first round of his last fight at UFC 253.
The Spaniard won The Ultimate Fighter Season 28 in 2018, making it his debut performance in the UFC to win the title. It was another beautiful straight arm-lock over his opponent Justin Frazier in the first round. The 40-year-old has a total of seven submissions in his career.
Alexandr “King Kong” Romanov (13-0, 2-0 UFC) will be desperate to keep his unbeaten record, as well as go on a three-fight win streak in the promotion like his opponent Espino.
The Moldovan is the real deal, with 13 finishes in his 13 fights. Nine of those finishes came in the first round before joining the UFC. In his promotional debut at UFC Vegas 10, Romanov submitted Roque Martinez to give him his eighth submission of his career.
His 10th first-round finish came at UFC Vegas 13 after submitting Marcos Rogério de Lima with a forearm choke with only 12 seconds to go in the first round. It’s a real clash of the titans with the heavyweight division heating up.
With Juan Espino and Alexandr Romanov recently added to UFC Vegas 24, let’s see what other fights are scheduled so far. However, keep in mind, the order of some fights may get shuffled as bouts fall off or get added to the card:
- Middleweight bout: Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum
- Middleweight bout: Gerald Meerschaert vs Bartosz Fabinski
- Heavyweight bout: Chase Sherman vs Parker Porter
- Women’s Flyweight bout: Justine Kish vs Tracy Cortez
- Bantamweight bout: Tony Gravely vs Anthony Birchak
- Lightweight bout: Natan Levy vs Austin Hubbard
- Lightweight bout: Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens
- Lightweight bout: Luis Pena vs Alexander Munoz
- Featherweight bout: Bill Algeo vs Ricardo Ramos
- Middleweight bout: Abdul Razak Alhassan vs Jacob Malkoun
- Women’s Bantamweight bout: Josiane Nunes vs Zarah Fairn Dos Santos
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Jessica Penne vs Lupita Godinez
- Heavyweight: Juan Espino vs Alexandr Romanov
Who do you see winning between Juan Espino and Alexandr Romanov? Let us know your prediction in the comments below!