Lightweights Austin Hubbard and Dakota Bush will go to war this weekend at UFC Vegas 24, with Bush replacing the injured Natan Levy on five days’ notice. The fight was first reported in the comments of Hubbard’s Instagram, with him stating Bush was his new opponent for this weekend. The bout between Austin Hubbard and Dakota Bush will take place on the prelims. A middleweight clash between Robert Whittaker and Kelvin Gastelum is headlining the event.
Natan Levy Injured, So It’s Time To Shine for Austin Hubbard and Dakota Bush
Austin “Thud” Hubbard (12-5, 2-3 UFC) is gunning for a victory on Saturday night as he faces a different opponent than originally expected.
Hubbard is coming off of a loss, in which he was submitted via a rear-naked choke to Joe Solecki in the first round at UFC Vegas 7. His only two wins in the promotion have come against Kyle Prepolec and Max Rohskopf.
Dakota “Hairy” Bush (8-2, 0-0 UFC) is stepping up to the plate to face a tough opponent on five days’ notice and more importantly, his promotional debut.
Bush has fought seven of his 10 bouts in LFA, losing on two occasions via unanimous decision. The 26-year-old has never been finished in his professional career. His last victory came three months ago via a 57-second knockout against Austin Clem.
With Austin Hubbard and Dakota Bush added to this weekend’s card, it looks like the table is set and without any more dropouts, these are the 13 finalized fights. Let’s have a look at what’s in store for UFC Vegas 24:
- Main Event – Middleweight Bout: Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum
- Co-Main Event – Lightweight Bout: Drakkar Klose vs Jeremy Stephens
- Main Card – Heavyweight Bout: Andrei Arlovski vs Chase Sherman
- Main Card – Middleweight Bout: Abdul Razak Alhassan vs Jacob Malkoun
- Main Card – Lightweight Bout: Luis Pena vs Alexander Munoz
- Main Card – Bantamweight Bout: Ricardo Ramos vs Bill Algeo
- Prelim – Women’s Flyweight Bout: Tracy Cortez vs Justine Kish
- Prelim – Heavyweight – Alexandr Romanov vs Juan Espino
- Prelim – Women’s Strawweight: Jessica Penne vs Lupita Godinez
- Prelim – Middleweight: Gerald Meerschaert vs Bartosz Fabinski
- Prelim – Women’s Bantamweight Bout: Zarah Fairn Dos Santos vs Josiane Nunes
- Prelim – Bantamweight Bout: Tony Gravely vs Anthony Birchak
- Prelim – Lightweight bout: Austin Hubbard vs Dakota Bush
Who do you see winning between Austin Hubbard and Dakota Bush? Let us know your predictions in the comments below!
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images