The Blue Jays move to Buffalo once again as they continue to find a home away from home. The Blue Jays will return to the place they called home in 2020, the home of their minor league affiliate the Buffalo Bisons. Toronto is preparing to make the move on June 1st, 2021, as they move from Dunedin, Florida to Buffalo, New York, and return to Sahlen Field for the remainder of the season.
Blue Jays Move to Buffalo, NY June 1st
The Toronto Blue Jays have ruled out a return to Canada and the Rogers Centre for the 2021 MLB season, but they are moving closer to the Canadian fan base as they are going to be just on the other side of the border in less than a month. Toronto had success in 2020 when they moved to Sahlen Field to complete the shortened season. When the Blue Jays made the move in 2020 the team started to string together wins, going 17-9 at Sahlen Field, eventually earned themselves a wild card birth, and then went on to the American League Division Playoff round they lost to the Tampa Bay Rays.
Toronto has found success in Dunedin and the team will look for similar fortunes and the success to continue when they return to Sahlen Field. The Blue Jays will be completing renovations to Sahlen Field as the organization is currently working on upgrades and improvements to make it ready for MLB action. The upgrades and renovations will include,
- Moving the bullpens off the field to behind the outfield walls
- New batting cages built beyond right field
- Resodding the outfield grass, completing a full field replacement that began with the infield in 2020
- New weight room and renovated clubhouse facilities
- LED light bulb replacements plus two additional temporary lighting poles
Blue Jays Will Have Fans in the Stands at Sahlen Field
When the Blue Jays move to Buffalo, New York they will have fans in the stands and will welcome a higher capacity than what they are currently allowed to have in Dunedin, Florida at TD Bank Park. The Blue Jays are currently allowed 15% Capacity at TD Bank Park, however, when they move to Sahlen Field they will be allowed to have 24% capacity for home games. The first set of tickets go on sale on May 13th, 2021 for the first 8 home games. Here are the protocols and all the information needed for fans wanting to attend games at Sahlen Field,
- Tickets sold in pods of up to four seats, spaced a minimum of six feet apart
- Fans aged three years and older must present proof of full vaccination (received at least 14 days before the day of the game) or a negative COVID-19 test result (from a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the day of the game or a rapid antigen test taken within six hours of the game’s scheduled start time)
- Mobile ticketing only to limit fan touchpoints; the ticket purchaser for the seating pod must transfer individual tickets to each guest in their seating pod for gate entry
- Symptom screening and temperature check before entry
- Face coverings required at all times for fans aged two years and older, except when actively eating or drinking in their designated seats
Tanner Roark Released
The Toronto Blue Jays have cut right-handed pitcher Tanner Roark after a horrible start to the 2021 season. Tanner Roark has officially cleared unconditional waivers and has become a free agent. Tanner Roark appeared in 3 games for the Blue Jays in 2021, he had a dismal 6.43 ERA in just seven innings pitched, he finished 0-1 for the Blue Jays before being released. The Blue Jays had hoped for better results after a rough 2020 season for Tanner Roark, he finished the shortened season with a 6.80 ERA in 11 starts, he was on pace to break those numbers already in 2021, so the Blue Jays made the decision to cut ties with the right-hander, even though they are battling plenty of injuries to the pitching rotation.
Follow me on Twitter at @Kyle_Outridge for more of my content! Don’t forget to join our OT Heroics MLB Facebook group, and feel free to join our new Instagram – @overtimeheroics_MLB, and listen to our baseball podcast, Cheap Seat Chatter!. We’ll see ya there!
Come join the discussion made by the fans at the Overtime Heroics forums! A place for all spor
main image credit Embed from Getty Images