With thirteen intriguing matchups on this weekend’s UFC card, the only thing left to do was the UFC Vegas 27 weigh-in. UFC Vegas 27 is being headlined by two fighters who need this win to get closer to a title shot. Bantamweight contenders Rob Font and Cody Garbrandt will go head-to-head in a five-round war in the main event. Let’s take a look at what went down at the UFC Vegas 27 weigh-ins!
Unfortunately, we must first address the recent change in David Dvorak’s opponent. It was announced earlier today that Raulian Paiva was sent to the hospital after enduring a brutal weight cut. The news was originally broke by Damon Martin and since been confirmed by other media outlets. Paiva’s current condition is unknown, but we pray that he has a speedy recovery. This is just the latest reminder of how scary weight cutting can be.
Despite the rough start to the UFC Vegas 27 weigh-in, we still find ourselves with thirteen fights approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Although only one fighter missed weight, it is fair to say he had valid reasoning.
After accepting the fight with only a few hours to cut weight, Juancamilo Ronderos missed the flyweight limit by 2.5 pounds. The Nevada State Athletic Commission has decided to allow the fight to continue with a portion of Ronderos’s purse going to Dvorak.
Overall, it was an unbelievable weigh-in performance for the UFC Vegas 27 fighters as only one fighter missed weight! After the UFC Vegas 27 weigh-in, the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved all twelve fights to go down tomorrow. Check out the full weigh-in results below!
UFC Vegas 27 Weigh-In Results
- Rob Font (136) vs. Cody Garbrandt (135.5)
- Carla Esparza (116) vs. Yan Xiaonan (116)
- Justin Tafa (265.5) vs. Jared Vanderaa (264)
- Norma Dumont (146) vs. Felicia Spencer (146)
- David Dvorak (126) vs. Juancamilo Ronderos (128.5)*
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
- Bill Algeo (145) vs. Ricardo Ramos (146)
- Chris Barnett (263) vs. Ben Rothwell (265.5)
- Court McGee (170.5) vs. Claudio Silva (169.5)
- Victor Rodriguez (125.5) vs. Bruno Silva (125.5)
- Josh Culibao (146) vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke(146)
- Damir Hadzovic (156) vs. Yancy Medeiros (155)
- Rafael Alves (154) vs. Damir Ismagulov (155.5)
*Juancamilo Ronderos misses the Bantamweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will be fined a portion of his fight purse
What did you think of the UFC Vegas 27 weigh-in? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @JFoMMATalk for all my latest work. Please give us a follow on our social media at @OTHeroicsMMA to stay in tune with our content! Also, please visit our web page for all the latest MMA news!
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images