With fourteen intriguing matchups on this weekend’s UFC pay-per-view, the only thing left to do was the UFC 263 weigh-in. UFC 263 will be headlined by a pair of title fight rematches. The main event will feature Israel Adesanya defending his middleweight belt against the always dangerous Marvin Vettori. Then in the co-main event, Deiveson Figueiredo takes on Brandon Moreno for the flyweight title. Both fights are rematches and have the potential to be a fight of the year candidate. Let’s take a look at what went down at the UFC 263 weigh-in!
UFC 263 Weigh-In Results: One Fighter Misses Weight; Every Fight Approved by Arizona State Athletic Commission
After most fighters weighed in successfully within 30 minutes, three fighters took the full two-hour period. Steven Peterson, Brad Riddell, and Deiveson Figueiredo all weighed in during the last 5 minutes available. Unfortunately, one fighter was unable to finish the weight cut.
Steven Peterson missed the featherweight limit by 2.5 pounds. The Arizona State Athletic Commission has decided to allow the fight to continue, with 20% of Peterson’s purse going to his opponent Chase Hooper.
Overall, it was an impressive weigh-in performance for the UFC 263 fighters, as only one fight missed weight! After the UFC 263 weigh-in, the Arizona State Athletic Commission approved all fourteen fights for tomorrow. Check out the full weigh-in results below!
UFC 263 Weigh-In Results
- Israel Adesanya (183.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (184.5) – Middleweight Championship
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (125) – Flyweight Championship
- Nate Diaz (170) vs. Leon Edwards (170.5)
- Demian Maia (170.5) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.5)
- Paul Craig (204.5) vs. Jamahal Hill (205.5)
- Drew Dober (154) vs. Brad Riddell (155)
- Eryk Anders (205) vs. Darren Stewart (204.5)
- Joanne Calderwood (125) vs. Lauren Murphy (125.5)
- Hakeem Dawodu (145.5) vs. Movsar Evloev (145.5)
- Alexis Davis (134.5) vs. Pannie Kianzad (135.5)
- Matt Frevola (155) vs. Terrance McKinney (155.5)
- Chase Hooper (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (148.5)**
- Luigi Vendramini (155.5) vs. Fares Ziam (156)
- Jake Collier (264.5) vs. Carlos Felipe (262.5)
**Steven Peterson missed the flyweight limit by 2.5 pounds. He was fined 20% of his purse, and the fight will still happen
What did you think of the UFC 263 weigh-in? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @JFoMMATalk for all my latest work. Please give us a follow on our social media at @OTHeroicsMMA to stay in tune with our content! Also, please visit our web page for all the latest MMA news!
Featured Image Credits to: Embed from Getty Images