UFC Vegas 44 is a delicious appetizer to get the fans ready for the full course meal that is UFC 269 on December 11th at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Top billing this weekend is occupied by two elite bantamweight contenders as Bostonian Rob Font prepares to take on the former featherweight champion and legendary veteran Jose Aldo.
Uncertainty still looms as surrounding current champion Aljamain Sterling’s return, with newly-crowned interim champion Petr Yan waiting in the wings for his redemption. #2 ranked contender T.J Dillashaw is also recovering from an injury he suffered in his fight of the year candidate and split decision victory over Cory Sandhagen back in late July. The bantamweight division’s future is dependent on the return of these two key players getting back into full swing. However, either main event fighter on Saturday night has the chance to stamp their claim on a title fight with an impressive victory at UFC Vegas 44.
Another highly anticipated bout takes place in the co-main event as future lightweight contenders Brad “Quake” Riddell and Rafael “Ataman” Fizeiv are set to sling leather at a time where a marquee win could push either fighter into the top 15 in the most historic division in all of MMA. The rest of UFC Vegas 44 is littered with quality fighters from top to bottom, most notably the return of Chris Curtis coming off an incredible underdog victory after knocking out Phil Hawes on the undercard of UFC 268 just last month. The remainder of the card is as follows.
Main Card Results:
- Bantamweight: Rob Font (134 lbs) vs Jose Aldo (136 lbs)
- Lightweight: Brad Riddell (155.5 lbs) vs Rafael Fiziev (155.5 lbs)
- Lightweight: Clay Guida (155 lbs) vs Leonardo Santos (156 lbs)
- Light Heavyweight: Jimmy Crute (205.5 lbs) vs Jamahal Hill (205 lbs)
- Middleweight: Brendan Allen (185.5 lbs) vs Chris Curtis (185 lbs)
- Welterweight: Bryan Barberena (170.5 lbs) vs Darian Weeks (170 lbs)
Prelim Card Results:
- Middleweight: Maki Pitolo (184.5 lbs) vs Dusko Todorovic (185.5 lbs)
- Flyweight: Manel Kape (125.5 lbs) vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (125.5 lbs)
- Welterweight: Jake Matthews (170 lbs) vs Jeremiah Wells (170.5 lbs)
- Women’s Strawweight: Cheyanne Vlismas (115.5 lbs) vs Mallory Martin (115 lbs)
- Light Heavyweight: Alonzo Menifield (205.5 lbs) vs William Knight (206 lbs)
- Lightweight: Claudio Puelles (155 lbs) vs Chris Gruetzemacher (156 lbs)
- Welterweight: Alex Morono (170.5 lbs) vs Mickey Gall (170.5 lbs)
- Bantamweight: Louis Smolka (135.5 lbs) vs Vince Morales (135.5 lbs)
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images