Heavy Hitters, the curtain-opener event for ONE Championship this 2022 went down last night inside the Singapore Indoor Stadium where an exciting night of mixed martial arts was again served to fans.
ONE: Heavy Hitters Results
In the main event, ONE Women’s Strawweight Champion Xiong Jing Nan continues her reign as the 125-pound queen after masterfully and comfortably defeating the number four-ranked contender Ayaka Miura via unanimous decision for her sixth title defense.
The dominant Chinese titleholder managed to stop all the takedown attempts from the challenger and in the process landed significant strikes to her Japanese opponent.
Meanwhile, Tawanchai scored a first-round knockout over Saemapetch in a 66.4 KG catchweight bout in the ONE Super Series Muay Thai. The finish came in the dying seconds of the opening round when Tawanchai landed a picture-perfect left straight to Saemapetch’s chin to drop him which in turn ended the match.
Despite this impressive victory against the number one-ranked contender in the bantamweight division, Tawanchai intends to compete in the featherweight division instead and avoid any problems in weight cutting.
Also witnessed in the card is the highly-anticipated debut of lightweight fighter Saygid Izagakhmaev as he submitted James Nakashima in round two to secure a dream start under the Singapore-based promotion.
After his victory, the 27-year old Russian who happens to be Khabib Nurmagomedov’s protege, called out fellow submission specialist and former lightweight champion, Shinya Aoki and mixed martial arts icon Eddie Alvarez in his post-fight interview and stated they he would “kill” them.
Other results from ONE: Heavy Hitters:
- Supergirl defeated Ekaterina Vandaryeva via split decision in a Women’s Strawweight Muay Thai match
- Senzo Ikeda defeated Elipitua Siregar via third round knockout in a Strawweight mixed martial arts match
- Giannis Stoforidis defeated Beybulat Isaev via first round knockout in a Light Heavyweight Kickboxing match
- Tiffany Teo defeated Meng Bo via second round submission in a Women’s Strawweight mixed martial arts match
- Shuya Kamikubo defeated Troy Worthen via third round submission in a Bantamweight mixed martial arts match
Featured Image Credits to ONE Championship