UFC Columbus has a new main event and it’s a pivotal one in the heavyweight division between top ten contenders. The March 26th event will be held at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
The former main event was scrapped when Jan Błachowicz was forced to withdraw from his light heavyweight scrap with Aleksandar Rakic due to an injury sustained in camp. It’s rumored the fight will be rescheduled at a later date.
Curtis Blaydes (10-3-1 UFC, 15-3-1 MMA) is coming off of a bounce-back win over Jairzinho Rozenstruik in which he won by decision at UFC 266 in September of last year. Blaydes will look to string together another win streak to earn his way towards his first UFC title shot. Prior to his win against Rozenstruik, Blaydes had lost to Derrick Lewis by KO in the second round. This will be Blaydes’ fifth UFC main event.
Chris Daukaus (4-1 UFC, 12-4 MMA) is coming off of his first UFC loss to Derrick Lewis by KO in the first round last December. Prior to that, Daukaus was riding a five-fight win streak all by finish, four of which were in the UFC. This will be Daukaus’ second consecutive main event in the UFC.
Top Ten Heavyweights Collide in Pivotal Matchup
Blaydes has ten KO/TKO finishes and five decision wins in his career. Daukaus has 11 KO/TKO finishes and only one decision win in his career. Blaydes is primarily known as a strong wrestler in the division while Daukaus a former Philadelphia police officer, has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Both men have been putting the pieces together to become well-rounded fighters at the top of the heavyweight division in the UFC. As the rankings currently stand, Blaydes is number four and Daukaus is number seven in the UFC Heavyweight division. This fight is very intriguing and important to the division due to the uncertainty surrounding the future of UFC Heavyweight Champ, Francis Ngannou.
Assuming the fight is finalized and made official, Blaydes and Daukaus will main-event the first card in Columbus in over ten years on March 26th. Keep in mind, the order of bouts may change, as fights are added or scrapped. The current lineup is as follows:
- Heavyweight Bout: Curtis Blaydes vs Chris Daukaus
- Women’s Strawweight Bout: Michelle Waterson vs Amanda Ribas
- Women’s Bantamweight Bout: Sara McMann vs Karol Rosa
- Flyweight Bout: Askar Askarov vs Kai Kara-France
- Welterweight Bout: Matt Brown vs Bryan Barberena
- Women’s Flyweight Bout: Joanne Wood vs Alexa Grasso
- Welterweight Bout: Neil Magny vs Max Griffin
- Heavyweight Bout: Aleksei Oleinik vs Illir Latifi
- Featherweight Bout: Tucker Lutz vs Seung Woo Choi
- Bantamweight Bout: Montel Jackson vs Danaa Batgerel
- Flyweight Bout: David Dvorák vs Matheus Nicolau
- Middleweight Bout: Aliaskhab Khizriev vs Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Featherweight Bout: Nate Landwehr vs Lerone Murphy
- Lightweight Bout: Marc Diakiese vs Viacheslav Borschchev
- Featherweight Bout: Luis Saldaña vs Bruno Souza
Featured Image Credits to Embed from Getty Images