Tybura successfully made weight for the bout on Friday morning, but an undisclosed illness forced his withdrawal later that afternoon.
“Due to illness, Marcin Tybura has been removed from his heavyweight bout with Jairzinho Rozenstruik. As a result, this bout has been canceled from the event,” a statement on the UFC’s official website read.
The bout between Tybura and Rozenstruik was originally slated to go down in February, but was rescheduled for UFC 273 on Saturday.
Tybura (22-7-0) was looking to bounce back from a unanimous decision loss to Alexander Volkov at UFC 267. Prior to that set back, ‘Tybur’ was on a five fight win streak defeating notable names such as Ben Rothwell, Greg Hardy and Walt Harris.
Like his opponent, Rozenstruik (12-3-0) was looking to get back in the win column. After earning victories in his first four UFC bouts, ‘Bigi Boy’ has alternated wins and losses. Most recently, Rozenstruik suffered a unanimous decision loss to Curtis ‘Razor’ Blaydes at UFC 266 in September.
UFC 273 airs live from the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, FL. With the loss of one heavyweight affair, the event will move forward with 12 bouts including:
- Alexander Volkanovski(c) vs. The Korean Zombie – Featherweight Championship Bout
- Aljamain Sterling(c) vs. Petr Yan(ic) – Bantamweight Championship Bout
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Vinc Pichel vs. Mark O. Madsen
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks
- Aspen Ladd vs. Raquel Pennington
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott
- Aleksei Olienik vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Josh Fremd
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos
Card subject to change.
Featured image credit to Embed from Getty Images