The UFC returns to pay-per-view on Saturday night with two big championship bouts on tap.
Emanating from the Arizona Federal Theatre in Phoenix, UFC 274 is scheduled to be headlined by a lightweight championship bout between reigning champion Charles ‘Do Bronx’ Oliveira and #1 ranked contender Justin Gaethje. In the evening’s co-main event, ‘Thug’ Rose Namajunas will defend her strawweight championship in a long awaited rematch against the #2 ranked Carla ‘The Cookie Monster’ Esparza.
Before we can get to the action, all 30 scheduled competitors must step on the scale before stepping into the Octagon. Did all fighters successfully make weight? Find out below:
MAIN CARD (Pay-Per-View, 10 p.m. ET)
- *Charles Oliveira (155.5lbs) vs. Justin Gaethje (155lbs)
- Rose Namajunas (115lbs) vs. Carla Esparza (115lbs)
- Michael Chandler (156lbs) vs. Tony Ferguson (155.5lbs)
- Mauricio Rua (205.5lbs) vs. Ovince Saint Preux (205lbs)
- Donald Cerrone (155.5lbs) vs. Joe Lauzon (155.5lbs)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Andre Fialho (170.5lbs) vs. Cameron VanCamp (170lbs)
- Randy Brown (170.5lbs) vs. Khaos Williams (170lbs)
- Macy Chiasson (145.5lbs) vs. *Norma Dumont (146.5)
- Brandon Royval (125.5lbs) vs. Matt Schnell (125.5lbs)
- Blagoy Ivanov (253.5lbs) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (258.5lbs)
- Danny Roberts (170.5lbs) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (170.5lbs)
EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET)
- Tracy Cortez (125.5lbs) vs. Melissa Gatto (125lbs)
- Kleydson Rodrigues (125.5lbs) vs. CJ Vergara (126lbs)
- Ariane Carnelossi (115.5lbs) vs. Loopy Godinez (115lbs)
- Fernie Garcia (135.5lbs) vs. Journey Newson (135.5lb)
Charles Oliveira weighed in at 0.5lbs over the limit of 155lbs for his lightweight title bout with Justin Gaethje. Oliveira was given an additional hour to cut the half pound of excess weight. After his second attempt, Oliveira was still at 155.5lbs for his lightweight bout.
As a result, Oliveira will vacate the UFC lightweight championship. If Oliveira wins his bout on Saturday night, the title will remain vacant. If Gaethje wins, he will be crowned the lightweight king.
Norma Dumont also struggled on the scale weighing in 0.5lbs over the limit for her featherweight bout with Macy Chiasson. Dumont will not attempt to cut any additional weight and will be fined 30% of her purse as reported by Mike Bohn on Twitter.
The UFC 274 ceremonial weigh ins will air at 7 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass.
Featured image credit to Embed from Getty Images