Khabib Nurmagomedov‘s Eagle FC promotion returns to the United States on Friday, May 20 for Eagle FC 47: Redemption.
Returning to the FLXcast Arena in Miami, FL for their third stateside event, Eagle FC 47 will be main evented by a heavyweight showdown between Yorgan De Castro and former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.
All 22 fighters scheduled to compete stepped on the scale on Thursday, but not everyone was able to hit the mark. Here are the results from the Eagle FC 47 weigh-in:
- Yorgan De Castro (264.2) vs. Junior Dos Santos (245.6)
- Hector Lombard (203.8) vs. Thiago Silva (206)
- Maki Pitolo (187.4)* vs. Doug Usher (189)*
- Gabriel Checco (205.6) vs. Andrew Sanchez (204.6)
- Akhmed Aliev (155.8) vs. Darrell Horcher (156)
- Islam Mamedov (165) vs. Zach Zane (165.2)
- Ronny Markes (205.6) vs. Reggie Pena (205)
- Alexandre Almeida (158.4)* vs. Roosevelt Roberts (155.2)
- Paulo Silva (156.6)* vs. Sean Soriano (155.2)
- Adi Alic (135.4) vs. Shawn Bunch (136)
- Dennis Hughes (154.6) vs. Dylan Mantello (155.8)
Four Fighters Miss the Mark at the Eagle FC 47 Weigh-In
De Castro and dos Santos both successfully made weight securing the evening’s main event, but four other fighters failed to make weight for their respective bouts. Co-main eventers Hector Lombard and Thiago Silva had no trouble making weight for their light heavyweight scrap.
Maki Pitolo and Doug Asher both came in heavy for their bout against each other, while Alexandre Almeida and Paulo Silva also came in over the limit for their individual contests. All 11 bouts will proceed as scheduled. Eagle FC officials did not comment on whether or not the four fights that missed weight would be fined or penalized in any way.
Eagle FC 47 is available to stream live and free on the GoFLX app.
Featured image credit to Embed from Getty Images