Bellator MMA returns on Friday night with Bellator 283. Emanating from Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, Washington, the evening will feature a main event welterweight showdown between No. 3 ranked Douglas Lima and No. 4 ranked Jason Jackson.
In the co-main event of the evening, Bellator’s No. 1 ranked lightweight contender Sidney Outlaw will face Tofiq Muayev. Also returning to the Bellator cage is Usman Nurmagomedov. The undefeated Russian will look to keep his ‘O’ intact when he faces Chris Gonzalez in the evening’s featured bout.
Before the fighters step in the cage, they must first step on the scale to make weight for their respective bouts. Did every fighter make weight? Find out below:
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 10 p.m. ET)
- Douglas Lima (172.8lbs)* vs. Jason Jackson (171lbs)
- Tofiq Musayev (155lbs) vs. Sidney Outlaw (155.4lbs)
- Chris Gonzalez (156lbs) vs. Usman Nurmagomedov (155.2lbs)
- Mukhamed Berkhamov (171lbs) vs. Lorenz Larkin (170.8lbs)
- Davion Franklin (264.2lbs) vs. Marcelo Golm (257.6lbs)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Romero Cotton (185.6lbs) vs. Dalton Rosta (185.4lbs)
- Veta Arteaga (125.8lbs) vs. Vanessa Porto (125.8lbs)
- Kevin Boehm (147.6lbs)* vs. Akhmed Magomedov (144.6lbs)
- Bobby King (155.4lbs) vs. Gadzhi Rabadanov (154.4lbs)
- Roman Faraldo (170.6lbs) vs. Luis Iniguez (170.8lbs)
- Jaylon Bates (136lbs) vs. Mark Coates (137.8lbs)*
- Archie Colgan (159.6) vs. Bryan Nuro (159.2) – 160-pound contract weight
Three Fighters Miss the Mark at the Bellator 284 Weigh-In
Three fighters came in overweight for their Bellator 284 bouts including main eventer Douglas Lima who was 1.8 pounds over the welterweight limit. Lima opted to not cut any additional weight and will likely give up a percentage of his purse to competitor Jason Jackson.
Also missing weight was Kevin Boehm, who weighed in 1.6 pounds over the featherweight limit for his bout with Akhmed Magomedov, and Mark Coates who came in 1.8 pounds over the bantamweight limit for his scheduled contest with Jaylon Bates.
All fights will move forward as scheduled.
Featured image credit to Embed from Getty Images