ONE Championship returns to Singapore Indoor Stadium for its latest offering, ONE 159. In the main event of the evening, undefeated two-division world champion Reinier de Ridder puts his ONE middleweight world championship on the line against Russian juggernaut Vitaly Bigdash.
In the co-main event, the reigning WBC Muay Thai World Flyweight champion and the reigning ISKA World Super Featherweight champion Lara Fernandez makes her ONE debut against the current ONE atomweight kickboxing world champion Janet Todd. The two will compete for the interim atomweight Muay Thai world championship. If Todd wins, it would make her only the third person in promotional history to carry two world championships in different sports.
Before fighters step into the ONE Circle, they step on the scale and take part in a hydration test. How did the fighters do ahead of the highly anticipated event? Find out below:
ONE 159 Main Card (8:30 a.m. ET on YouTube & ONE Super App)
- Reinier de Ridder (204.75lbs) vs. Vitaly Bigdash ()* – Middleweight World Championship
- Muay Thai bout: Janet Todd (113.75lbs) vs. Lara Fernandez (114.5lbs) – Interim Atomweight Muay Thai World Championship
- Bokang Masunyane ()* vs. Hiroba Minowa (124lbs)
- Muay Thai Bout: Muangthai PK.Saenchai (145lbs) vs. Vladimir Kuzmin (144.5lbs)
- Kikcboxing Bout: Peimian Zhang (124.5lbs) vs. Aslanbek Zikreev (124.5lbs)
- Zhaxi Zelang (125.75lbs)** vs. Danial Williams (124.5lbs)
ONE 159 Lead Card (6:00 a.m. ET on YouTube & ONE Super App)
- Muay Thai bout: Jo Nattawut (154.5lbs) vs. Jamal Yusupov ()*
- Muay Thai bout: Sinsamut Klinmee (169.5lbs) vs. Liam Nolan (169lbs)
- Ariel Sexton (167lbs) vs. Marat Gafurov (170lbs)
- Tae Ho Jin (182.75lbs) vs. Valmir da Silva (183.5lbs)
- Lea Bivins (114lbs) vs. Zeba Bano ()*
*Failed hydration; has until 4 p.m. SGT on fight day to make weight and hydration
**Missed weight, passed hydration; has until 4 p.m. SGT on fight day to make weight and hydration
Main Eventer Vitaly Bigdash Does Not Pass Hydration Test at ONE 159 Weigh-In
The biggest news coming out of the ONE 159 weigh-in is that main eventer and world title challenger Vitaly Bigdash did not pass his hydration test. As a result, Bigdash will be allowed up until 4 p.m. SGT to properly hydrate and weigh in.
Also failing the hydration test were Bokang Masunyane, Jamal Yusupov, and show-opener Zeba Bano who is scheduled to face ONE debutant Lea Bivins on the lead card. Danial Williams’ opponent Zhaxi Zelang passed the hydration test, but missed weight and will be given until 4 p.m. SGT to make weight and hydrate.
Both competitors in the co-main event made and passed their hydration tests ensuring we will have at least one title fight go down in Singapore on Friday.
Featured image credit to ONE Championship