PDA

View Full Version : COVID-19 Discussion

Tanner
03-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Anything regarding COVID-19 will be spoken here.

brett05
03-31-2020, 08:51 AM
I wish each side would stop with anything not related to handling this issue. No one cares about ratings. No one should be giving Planned Parenthood more money. Get to the real issue politicians and stop making this a political issue.

Tomahawk Chop
04-02-2020, 11:26 AM
I wish each side would stop with anything not related to handling this issue. No one cares about ratings. No one should be giving Planned Parenthood more money. Get to the real issue politicians and stop making this a political issue.

We would definitely live in a better America and better world if politicians were actually worried about the people and not about getting the next vote.

Our Canadian government actually had a 100% vote for one thing related to COVID 19... so that was an encouraging... and now they are back to fighting about climate change.

brett05
04-09-2020, 07:29 AM
Keep being safe everybody.

BCal98
04-11-2020, 09:37 PM
The way it sounds, deaths are going to start plateauing in the US very soon and the peak is already almost over. Hopefully that is true and stays that way.

Supposedly, the US has the most deaths in the world from COVID now, but I have a feeling that there is a certain country that may be lying about how many they actually had (cough China cough)

brett05
04-13-2020, 12:27 PM
The way it sounds, deaths are going to start plateauing in the US very soon and the peak is already almost over. Hopefully that is true and stays that way.

Supposedly, the US has the most deaths in the world from COVID now, but I have a feeling that there is a certain country that may be lying about how many they actually had (cough China cough)

The issue is, sure we have more deaths but there are loads of problems with that statement.

1) We test more
2) We have a bigger country
3) Anyone that has signs of covid-19 and dies is assumed to have died by COVID-19 in the US

The truth is we have one of the absolute lowest number of deaths per million of all countries.

catman
04-13-2020, 01:33 PM
Covid is going to change the way we live, until a vaccine is developed. Treatment for most cases, including mine, is vitamins C & D, Zinc and cough medicine. My case has been very mild and I will be able to go back to work soon. I tested positive last Monday, to no one's surprise the way I felt. It has not been fun being in total quarantine -- no actual contact with anyone else other than electronic or through windows, or 20 feet away. My dog has been absolutely wonderful through this ordeal.

RainDelay
04-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Hope everyone is staying healthy and staying sane.

brett05
04-14-2020, 07:51 AM
Hope everyone is staying healthy and staying sane.

You as well :)

catman
04-15-2020, 12:57 AM
My battle with this crap appears to be over. Being an international statistic is not all its cracked up to be. Glad its in my rear view mirror.

brett05
04-15-2020, 07:46 AM
My battle with this crap appears to be over. Being an international statistic is not all its cracked up to be. Glad its in my rear view mirror.

Back with the family?

catman
04-15-2020, 11:23 AM
I don't really have a family. My wife died 7 years ago and my daughter is a Dr in Kansas City and lives there with her family. I have been in my house with my dog and cats through the ordeal and they have kept me going very nicely.

brett05
04-16-2020, 07:36 AM
I don't really have a family. My wife died 7 years ago and my daughter is a Dr in Kansas City and lives there with her family. I have been in my house with my dog and cats through the ordeal and they have kept me going very nicely.

*social distance hug*

RainDelay
04-17-2020, 10:30 AM

Thank goodness!

catman
04-17-2020, 12:00 PM
I will be donating plasma to my local blood bank as soon as I can to help those who are not as fortunate as I have been. I understand my antibodies should be able to help some of the Covid patients.

dwj21792
06-29-2020, 01:56 AM
I know I haven't been on here for a while. I hope to be on more often. But I came on now with a special request from me and my family.
My 88 year old father was recently tested positive for covid19. This comes after months of being in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. He went into the hospital er on Father's Day. From what my sisters who are closer geographically have told me he's in pretty bad shape.
Someof you know that I lost my mom 2 years ago to dementia. Going through this now with Dad is tough.
If you believe in prayer,please keep him and my family in yours. Either way, please remember that this is serious business and shouldn't be taken lightly.

catman
06-29-2020, 12:18 PM
I know I haven't been on here for a while. I hope to be on more often. But I came on now with a special request from me and my family.
My 88 year old father was recently tested positive for covid19. This comes after months of being in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. He went into the hospital er on Father's Day. From what my sisters who are closer geographically have told me he's in pretty bad shape.
Someof you know that I lost my mom 2 years ago to dementia. Going through this now with Dad is tough.
If you believe in prayer,please keep him and my family in yours. Either way, please remember that this is serious business and shouldn't be taken lightly.

You've got it. This virus is serious, especially for elderly patients.
Hang in there and we will pray for the best outcome possible.

Tanner
06-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your father.