PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2020

catman
05-12-2020, 11:28 AM
It appears that the season will start in early July with an 82 game schedule. The MLBPA has to sign off on it, of course. If they do, the players will have a modified spring training 2.0 beginning next month. Not sure what happens to the minor league season, though.

brett05
05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
It's sounding like the Players may stay home this year

catman
05-16-2020, 12:41 PM
Some players are balking at playing for pro-rated salaries this season, namely Blake Snell. I agree that players should be paid their contracted salaries and MLB should help the clubs pay these salaries. MLB, the company, has a huge war chest of money that they can help clubs with. The clubs should help their stadium employees financially, as currently, they have no income.

brett05
05-18-2020, 11:02 AM
Some players are balking at playing for pro-rated salaries this season, namely Blake Snell. I agree that players should be paid their contracted salaries and MLB should help the clubs pay these salaries. MLB, the company, has a huge war chest of money that they can help clubs with. The clubs should help their stadium employees financially, as currently, they have no income.

There is no way that everyone should bank off the backs of the owners. The owners take all the risk.

Tomahawk Chop
05-27-2020, 06:08 PM
I am glad I was able to find some actual sports talk amidst all the advertisements for Ciaphilis or whatever it is...haha

good to see brett and catman still around as well!

I am surprised that MLB teams have not made any strides towards anything. NHL has a Return to Play plan in place...

WEll just figured I would pop my head in and see... hopefully someone can get rid of all the SPAM haha

catman
05-27-2020, 11:46 PM
Several teams have had some unofficial workouts this week. I hope the players association approves the deal that management proposed to them.

brett05
05-29-2020, 07:56 AM
I miss baseball

catman
05-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Baseball will be back sometime this summer. Unfortunately, the minor league season may not be played this year and management's proposal to reorganize the minors may actually happen. They propose removing around 40 teams and closing down some of the leagues completely. Iowa will lose 3 of the 5 teams we currently have under the proposal. The 2 that are going to stay are in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids.