User Tag List

Thread: OTH Week Of 6/28 Update

Thanks

Boston Red Sox OTH Week Of 6/28 Update

Hello everyone!

As you can see, I have reemerged. Over the course of the next few days I am hoping to secure someone with a better sense of the technical side of this place to be able and rid ourselves of all of the ads, and the spammers.

I have also obtained an additional administrator to be able to help with the design of OTH to give us a new banner and maybe even a skin to change the look of this place a little bit.

I am changing gears from what I initially thought what this forum needed, and I really want to show that I want to grow a community here. I want to hear from you, and what you would like added, done and any suggestions.

Will they all be done? Of course not, but they will be taken under consideration, and some even to come to a vote.

I want this site to succeed, and I believe with some elbow grease we can get there!

Thank you to everyone who still checks in on this place.

Tanner

Thanks

Thanks and Good luck!!

Thanks

The spam bots should be easy to change settings for. Go to Admin CP-Settings-Human Verification Manager. I have a problem with this at my current site because of the lack of controls I'm allowed to have, but when I owned my own site, spam bots were not an issue.

You might also want to work on the homepage, as the font color for the categories like MLB, NFL, WWE, etc aren't showing, and the forum isn't listed there anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT2 View Post
    The spam bots should be easy to change settings for. Go to Admin CP-Settings-Human Verification Manager. I have a problem with this at my current site because of the lack of controls I'm allowed to have, but when I owned my own site, spam bots were not an issue.

You might also want to work on the homepage, as the font color for the categories like MLB, NFL, WWE, etc aren't showing, and the forum isn't listed there anymore.
    Thank you very much for that! Hopefully that will now fix our problem with spammers as I have changed the process of registering on the website.

As for the homepage that is unfortunately not my department as it is the other owner of OTH. We are almost two separate entities at this point in time.

Thread Information