After a brief hiatus, Sunday Streamers are back! We picked a great week to return too. There are SIX games this Sunday, and there are SIX teams playing both Saturday and Sunday. The focus is still on the Sunday matchups, but with that many back-to-back matchups, keep an eye on the goalie rotation for the teams playing both days this weekend.
We kick off the full Sunday slate of hockey games in Washington D.C., for a matchup between the Capitals and the Sharks.
Washington Capitals vs San Jose Sharks, 12:30pm
This is a tough one to find viable streaming options for points. There are a couple guys that have produced at a mediocre rate the last couple weeks, but no one I feel comfortable suggesting as a streamer for points. But, there are a few players that could be good for the peripheral stats.
- Radko Gudas, WAS 26% – 1G, 3A, +4, 1 PPP, 1 SHP, 10 SOG, 17 Hits, 6 Blocks in his last 6 games
- Dmitry Orlov, WAS 10% – 1G, 4A, +4, 1 PPP, 1 SHP, 11 SOG, 8 Hits, 7 Blocks in his last 6 games
- Patrick Marleau, SJS 3% – 1G, 3A, +3, 12 SOG, 6 Hits, 1 Block in his last 6 games
The recent offensive production for Gudas is a bit of a surprise, since he is mostly known for hits and PIMs. Orlov is a very steady 35-40 point defenseman. He doesn’t show up on the score sheet often, but he brings a serviceable amount of hits and blocks along with some PP time. Marleau, on the other hand, is second on the Sharks with 4 points in his last 6 games. With his shot production, he looks to have the most upside from the players available.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Florida Panthers, 5pm
This game has a couple high upside players that should be available in your league. Finding Sunday streamers shouldn’t be to difficult for your team, some with sneaky long term value too.
- Alex Galchenyuk, PIT 14% – 2G, 2A, 1 PPP, 7 SOG, 6 Hits, 2 blocks in his last 6 games.
- Jared McCann, PIT 24% – 1G, 3A, 1 PPP, 15 SOG, 9 Hits in his last 6 games.
- Noel Acciari, FLA 23% – 6G, 1A, +3, 1 SHP, 15 SOG, 15 Hits, 12 Blocks in his last 7 games.
- Frank Vatrano, FLA 15% – 1G, 2A, -2, 11 SOG, 21 Hits, 1 Block in his last 7 games
This could be the last time Galchenyuk is mentioned in one of these articles. He has had a lot of chances to get going, but hasn’t. He has the top line deployment and some PP time for now, he is worth one last look. McCann is set on the second line, as well as top PP, and shoots a good amount. The Florida boys are very close. Acciari’s offense is unsustainable, but his peripherals are solid. Vatrano has the shot totals to invoke some confidence in using him as a streamer, plus he’s averaging 3 hits a game recently.
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 5pm
Before looking at the availability, 2 names immediately came to mind. We’ve got 2 teams with a lot of top talent between them, and some sneaky options for Sunday Streamers.
- Erik Haula, CAR 26% – 3G, 3A, +1, 1 PPP, 13 SOG, 3 Hits in his last 5 games.
- Martin Necas, CAR 5% – 3G, 3A, 2 PPP, 9 SOG, 4 Hits, 1 block in his last 5 games.
- Anthony Cirelli, TB 12% – 3G, 2A, +6, 12 SOG, 6 hits, 4 blocks in his last 6 games.
- Erik Cernak, TB 8% – 0G, 2A, 8 SOG, 17 Hits, 11 Blocks in his last 6 games.
The first two names that jump out are Haula, from Carolina, and Cirelli, from Tampa Bay. Haula has had some injury issues which has kept his playing time low, but he is still on a 66 point pace this season. Cirelli has seen a good amount of time playing alongside Alex Killorn and Steven Stamkos recently, and he has been producing: he has 3 points in his last 3 games playing most of his time on ice with those guys.
Minnesota Wild vs Calgary Flames, 7pm
Quite the comparison we’ve got here. We have a team with one of the lowest team ownership %, Minnesota. No one is over 67% owned. Compared to a team that has five players owned in over 85% of leagues. This could be tough for solid streaming options.
- Kevin Fiala, MIN 5% – 0G, 4A, +2, 1 PPP, 10 SOG, 2 Hits, 1 block in his last 5 games.
- Joel Eriksson Ek, MIN 1% – 1G, 2A, -1, 6 SOG, 6 hits 2 blocks in his last 4 games.
- Derek Ryan, CGY 1% – 2G, 2A, +2, 1 PPP, 1 SHP, 11 SOG, 2 hits, 2 blocks in his last 6 games
Might not have the strongest options in the matchup, but all three of these guys are playing around 15 minutes night. Couple those minutes along with a good shot total for the games played and the opportunity is there.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Detroit Red Wings, 7:30pm
If defense is what you need, this is the matchup to pick from. The top two defensive sunday streamers are playing in this game, and it’d be a good move to grab these guys while you can.
- Filip Hronek, DET, 27% – 1G, 2A, 7 SOG, 18 hits, 5 blocks in his last 5 games.
- Dominik Kubalik, CHI 3% – 2G, 5A, 1 PPP, 11 SOG, 3 hits, 2 blocks in his last 6 games.
- Connor Murphy, CHI 6% – 2G, 2A, +1, 17 SOG, 16 hits, 14 blocks in his last 6 games.
Hronek is playing top line and top PP in Detroit, and has no problem contributing in the hit department. Murphy is looking to be the new peripheral stat monster, Alex Edler 2.0 if you will, and even though he doesn’t see any PP time, he is still producing for fantasy owners. Kubalik has been playing alongside Jonathan Toews recently, with some time with both Toews and Patrick Kane. That kind of exposure, if it continues, is hard to pass up.
Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators, 10pm
The final game of the day is the last resort to guarantee a victory for your fantasy hockey squad. In a matchup that could prove to be one-sided, there are a few options to give your squad a fighting chance.
- Ryan Johansen, NSH 38% – 0G, 3A, +1, 6 SOG, 3 hits 4 blocks in his last 5 games.
- Craig Smith, NSH 10% – 2G, 1A, 19 SOG, 6 hits, 1 block in his last 5 games.
- Cam Fowler, ANA 22% – 2G, 1A, -1, 2 PPP, 13 SOG, 5 hits, 8 blocks in his last 6 games.
Johansen’s numbers might not look great, but he did just get Viktor Arvidsson back on his wing. Smith is a streaky player. He has been shooting a lot and producing in his limited time on ice. Ride the hot streak while it lasts. Top Line and top PP, for Fowler, keeps him as a solid streaming option.
There you have it, Sunday Streamers is back in action! Hopefully you found this article helpful, and I hope you can find victory in week 13 of the fantasy hockey season.
Be sure to follow me, @FNTSYHCKYTRADES, on Twitter for all your fantasy hockey needs.
Head over to the Overtime Heroics Forums and discuss this article and many more!
Don’t forget to head over to our shop if you are interested in purchasing some Overtime Heroics gear!
Be sure to check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 15% off your order!