Sunday Streamers Week 16
Hopefully you were able to keep a few adds for the Sunday Streamers here in week 16. Closing out the two week schedule, we’ve got three games to look at to help you get a win. The small slate of games start at 12:30EST with the Pittsburgh Penguins facing off against the Washington Capitals. The other two games, Columbus Blue Jackets vs Montreal Canadiens and Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, both drop the puck at 2:00EST. The hockey day is over early, it might have something to do with a football game happening Sunday night. But lets not let that take the focus off of what’s important, winning week 16! There are only 6 weeks left before playoffs start. Every win is important!
On to the Sunday Streamers for Week 16!
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals, 12:30pm EST
- Brandon Tanev, PIT 28% – 0G, 1A, 1 SHP, 2 SOG, 9 hits, 6 blocks in 15:00 ATOI in his last 3 games
- Teddy Blueger, PIT 3% – 1G, 0A, +2, 2 PIM, 9 SOG, 5 hits in 16:55 ATOI in his last 3 games
- Carl Hagelin, WAS 1% – 1G, 2A, 2 PIM, 9 SOG, 2 hits, 2 blocks in 14:40 ATOI in his last 3 games.
Over the last 3 games, Tanev and Blueger have played consistent hockey together on the third line. No power play time does make it a little risky, but they are both averaging 3 shots a game in their last 3 games. Another third liner, Hagelin, is in a similar spot. He is getting limited time on ice, with no power play time, but has been producing. Hagelin is also averaging 3 shots a game over his last 3 game. It’s a good idea to be looking for higher shot totals. Even if they don’t make it on the stat sheet, if they are shooting the puck a lot, the opportunity is there.
Columbus Blue Jackets vs Montreal Canadiens, 2:00pm EST
- Oliver Bjorkstrand, CBJ 35% – 4G, 0A, +4, 9 SOG, 1 block in 18:47 ATOI in his last 2 games.
- Nick Foligno, CBJ 20% – 1G, 1A, +6, 2 PIM, 5 SOG, 11 hits, 2 blocks in 17:58 ATOI in his last 3 games.
- Phillip Danault, MTL 37% – 0G, 2A, -2, 4 PIM, 8 SOG, 2 hits, 4 blocks in 19:01 ATOI in his last 3 games.
The hype is real with Bjorkstrand. Top line, top power play, loves to shoot the puck and is still at a reasonable shooting percentage for the season. Although, over his last 6 games, he does have a 37.5% shooting percentage. That is unsustainable, but the hot streak is there. Ride it out! Foligno has been playing with Bjorkstand lately, never a bad option to go with the line mates of a hot player. With 6 point in his last 5 games, Danault has been a pleasant surprise this season. He is playing alongside Tomas Tatar and Ilya Kovalchuk, who are both playing very well recently.
Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, 2:00pm EST
- Jake Virtanen, VAN 15% – 1G, 4A, +2, 2 PPP, 8 SOG, 3 hits, 2 block in 15:41 ATOI in his last 3 games.
- Tanner Pearson, VAN 43% – 2G, 2A, +2, 2 PIM, 2 PPP, 8 SOG, 1 hit in 17:04 ATOI in his last 3 games.
- Justin Williams, CAR 7% – 2G, 0A, +1, 1 PPP, 8 SOG, 1 hit, 1 block in 12:25 ATOI in his last 2 games.
Virtanen has been flourishing while playing with Elias Pettersson and J.T. Miller. That deployment along with some power play time has him on top of the list for streaming options. Pearson has quietly put together a great season. Currently on pace for career highs across the board. Williams stepped back on the ice and looks like he hasn’t missed a beat. His time on ice should raise a bit, and with that some more chances to get on the stat sheet.
Sunday Streamers Week 16 Conclusion
Only 3 games to look over this week, so the list is short. But there are more than a few solid options for you to choose from. Prioritizing the Canucks players is a smart move, they have the best deployment and usage out of the players listed.
Best of luck to you all!
Be sure to follow me, @FNTSYHCKYTRADES, on Twitter for all your fantasy hockey needs.
Head over to the Overtime Heroics Forums and discuss this article and many more!
Don’t forget to head over to our shop if you are interested in purchasing some Overtime Heroics gear!
Check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 30% off your order!