Now that the All-Star break and the bye weeks are firmly in the rearview mirror, we can get back to a normal schedule of games for week 17. Eleven teams play four-game slates, 14 teams have three games, and just three play two games next week. Plenty of streaming options to be had. I know what you’re thinking…
Ok, I will!
First things first though, I want to give you an idea of who you can drop next week to clear some space for these streamers.
Two-Game Teams for Week 17
If you happened to pick up any of the following streamers from these teams recently, you can go ahead and drop ’em. There’s a possibility someone else will pick them up, sure. But there’s always somebody else available on the wire.
Drop ‘Em Outside of Deep Leagues:
San Jose Sharks – Kevin Labanc, Barclay Goodrow. Keep Goodrow in mind next time the Sharks have a good schedule though. He is taking the injured Tomas Hertl‘s spot and throws his body around. He could come in handy down the line.
Now to the good stuff.
Top Four-Game Teams for Week 17
Since there are so many options, I’ll highlight four teams that have the best schedules. A “( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ᕤ” next to a players name indicates this pickup is for bangers categories – BLK, Hits, PIM.
New York Rangers – All their games are on off nights! Be careful when streaming though; David Quinn must have some kind of rule against doing the same thing two days in a row. The line combinations for these guys are on permanent “blend”.
- Pavel Buchnevich LW, RW – 8% Yahoo!, 16% ESPN, 45% Fantrax
- Adam Fox D – 41% Yahoo!, 69% ESPN, 76%
- Jesper Fast RW – 2% Yahoo!, 3.4% ESPN, 10% Fantrax
Detroit Red Wings – The Wings have a pretty good schedule for next week with only a Thursday game on a heavy night. However, the pickins are pretty slim because they suck. The following players have a good chance to score though.
- Filip Hronek D – 27% Yahoo!, 51% ESPN, 75% Fantrax
- Robby Fabbri LW, RW – 6% Yahoo!, 10% ESPN, 30% Fantrax
- ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ᕤ Patrik Nemeth D – 0% Yahoo!, 0% ESPN, 3% Fantrax
Toronto Maple Leafs – Another good schedule here with easier matchups than the Red Wings. I put them third though because the Friday/Sunday games Detroit plays are more valuable than the Saturday game you’d get from Toronto. If you can swing it, you could pick up a Leaf for Monday/Wednesday and drop them for a Red Wing for Thursday/Friday/Sunday. Get creative!
- Zach Hyman C, LW – 21% Yahoo!, 40% ESPN, 47% Fantrax
- Alexander Kerfoot C, LW, RW – 5% Yahoo!, 11% ESPN, 23% Fantrax
- ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ᕤ Justin Holl D – 1% Yahoo!, 1% ESPN, 9% Fantrax
Anaheim Ducks – The Ducks not only play on Friday and Sunday, but a lot of their top-6 has low ownership. Their schedule is relatively weak so the streaming options are plentiful.
- Adam Henrique C, LW – 13% Yahoo!, 19% ESPN, 30% Fantrax
- Jakob Silfverberg RW – 20% Yahoo!, 46% ESPN, 49% Fantrax
- Ondrej Kase RW – 3% Yahoo!, 7% ESPN, 34% Fantrax
Other Four-Game Streamers
Here are some top streaming choices from other teams that also have four-game weeks including some goalies to keep in mind:
- Zach Parise MIN LW – 26% Yahoo!, 79% ESPN, 50% Fantrax
- Andre Burakovsky COL LW, RW – 27% Yahoo!, 57% ESPN, 57% Fantrax
- Frank Vatrano FLA LW, RW – 28% Yahoo!, 21% ESPN, 35% Fantrax
- Alex Iafallo LA LW – 5% Yahoo!, 13% ESPN, 23% Fantrax
- Anton Khudobin DAL G – 27% Yahoo!, 14% ESPN, 36% EPSN
- Jaroslav Halak BOS G – 59% Yahoo!, 49% ESPN, 71% Fantrax
Finally, I want to highlight one player I think you should go out and grab. Find the worst forward on your roster and drop him for Kailer Yamamoto. He’s scored 10 points in 11 games since his call-up playing with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl. There are some red flags – mainly a high shooting percentage (33%) and no PP time. However, he’s playing with one of the best players in the league at even strength so if the goals dry up he should still continue to see points. He’s currently 8% owned in Yahoo! leagues, 19% in ESPN and, 43% on Fantrax. Scoop him while you can!
Week 17 Conclusions
It’s nice to get back to a regular schedule after the bye-weeks and All-Star break. There are plenty of streaming options to take advantage of so don’t be shy out there. Hopefully, this preview helps you in the week ahead.
Follow me on Twitter at @TZLsports for more of my content!
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!
Visit our shop and check out the latest Overtime Heroics merch drops!
Check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 30% off your order!