With the draft only a day away I wanted to look at the Michigan Wolverines that will hear their names called in the next couple of days. Only one is expected to go on day one while the other two I will look at are projected as day two picks. I want to give you my draft profiles on each of these three prospects I will be focusing on.
Cesar Ruiz | Center
Will be the first wolverine to hear his name called in the draft, he is a young Center at only 20 years old. He can also play Guard but shines when he is leading the offensive line at the Center position. I project a late first early second-round draft selection.
- Great footwork to always stay in front of his man.
- Quick to get into position off the snap and go to where he needs to go.
- Vision to see pre-snap danger and signal it to his teammates.
- Dost not do well steering blocks in the run game
- Weak first punch at the LOS
- Small frame
Josh Uche | Edge/Defensive End
Uche is a pass-rushing specialist that flashes two years ago in a part-time role and shined once he was given more of an opportunity after Rashan Gary left for the NFL last year. When Gary got hurt two years ago and Uche took his place, I noticed more pressure than when Gary himself was in. I project a second or third-round draft selection.
- Well versed in pass rush moves, not just a bull or bend guy
- Fast off the edge with great closing speed
- Versatile, can play OLB or DE
- Too small for a full-time DE in the NFL
- Disappeared vs better OT talent
- Will struggle in coverage as a LB with speedy RBs
Donovan Peoples-Jones | Wide Receiver
Peoples-Jones was a fun watch at his time with the Wolverines. His biggest issue was never having a good enough quarterback to let him showcase his skills. I believe he will be a better wide receiver in the pros than he was in college because of that. I project a third or maybe fourth-round draft selection. If this were a normal WR draft class, he would be a round two pick, but this draft is deep at WR.
- Hands, Peoples-Jones did not struggle with drops in college
- Route running, gets open more often than most WRs
- Excellent blocker for the run game
- Lacks top end speed.
- Dose not have a smooth release off the press.
- Never had a 100 yard game in his college career.
Come discuss this and much more at the Overtime Heroics forums!
Be sure to check out our partners at Repp Sports! They offer the first-ever crowd-sourced, no carb, no sugar, energy drink called RAZE and much more! Use the link above or add the promo code OTH1 at checkout to get 30% off your order!